Used 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

Used Tahoe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Good Hauler But Had to Go

rangermutt, 08/04/2011

I purchased my '99 Tahoe 4x4 LT used in 2001 with 64,000 miles for less than 1/2 what it sold new. I traded it in this summer with 154,000 after I got tired of replacing parts for the second or third time including: Anti lock brakes went out at 60,000; driver window motor 3x; driver outside door handle 3x; blower fan; intake manifold gasket; air conditioner pump; power steering sensor 2x; radiator; water pump; vanity mirror; console latch; distributor rotor 6x (I was stranded on the interstate last Thanksgiving when the rotor failed again). The straw that broke the camel's back was a misfire on the #4 cylinder that neither I nor the dealer could remedy.

99 tahoe

Smallie6, 08/30/2009

Bought truck last summer. Has 92K miles. I needed a good tow vehicle for hauling my boat to the lake. It is very good at hauling the boat. That is the good news. The bad news in the last three months It needed a new transmission, water pump, and intake gaskets. I am afraid to drive it because I cant afford any more repairs. Very high cost of ownership.

Lemon in the making!

JFPToyota, 01/26/2003

My problems since I acquired my vehicle less than 2 months ago. Engine stalls and power failure in the middle of an intersection. Learned that battery post busted and battery acid leaked every where. Dealership paid for this one. While Service was fixing battery, Service notice that the Intake Manifold was leaking. Took 3 days before they could even start on it. Warranty Repair Status was screwed up and STILL IS. Waterpump leaking at weep hole. 30 days in the shop is all I need for Lemon Law .. Im a 1/3 of the way there.. . I just noticed today that the rear passenger windows go only a 1/3 of the way down... Can you say Lemon?

No Probs So Far...knock on wood.

CrowneRoyal, 11/29/2004

I have only had my Tahoe for 8 weeks, but I must say that it is a better vehicle so far than any of my past cars. I love the way that the TV folds down at the punch of a button, therefore the kids can watch TV or play a game without my having to pull over to turn it on. The gas mileage had a lot to improve on, however, I was told that 12-15 mpg was normal for a truck of this size. I look forward to having my truck for many years to come.

Chevy on top

tmacmvp1, 04/25/2008

I bought my Tahoe about 3 years ago in a as-is condition. It had 80k miles on it at the time. It now has 130k miles. I'm telling you, when I'm driving this truck I feel like the king of the road. Its 5.7 engine chugs the gas but trully delivers when need to. Only problem I had was a bad fuel pump. It had problems turning on when the motor was cold. little by little it got worst until finally I replaced it. cost me $255 with labor (got a deal). Other than that it is comfortable and very roomy! I'm 19 so that actually comes really in handy on the weekends lol. Just being a teenager sorry for the comment. Very good design and reliable at the same time.

12345...20