Used 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

Used Tahoe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons

Brakes Suck

WW, 05/22/2002

Great drive train but the brakes suck. Entirely too small for the vehicle. 65000 on the vehicle and I am ready to install the 4th set of rotors and pads. Dealerships don the halo and claim no defect in the vehicle. Talk to ex Chevy dealership personnel and you get a different story,the brakes suck because they're too small for the truck.

Great Vehicle

Happy, 01/19/2008

This vehicle has been good for everything. Very comfortable on long trips. Never had any major mechanical problems. Hauls large equipment weights. Plenty of space. I think it is great

Not a bad vehicle so far

devman, 07/08/2010

This truck has been in the family since new, my mom owned it until last year when I took it over. It has approximately 97k on it and we have never had any major issues. The heated seats have burnt out, and the seats themselves only recline to one position, fortunately that position works for me. The inside is comfortable, I am 6'4" so the headroom is a big plus for me. It has a terrible meandering problem, which I now understand to be a weak point in the idler/pitman/ball joints. I am considering upgrading to some performance parts after I take care of the steering, and doing a much needed change of shocks.

What is wrong with these brakes?

amdla, 08/13/2003

We love this car for comfort, but we are changing brakes every 20,000 miles. We were told by a GMC salesman that there was a glitch in the design which was corrected on later models, but cannot get this confirmed by GM mechanics.

Owner

scheller, 04/15/2003

Great (small) turning radius. Good power. We leased the car for 4 years which is coming to expiration next month. Now we wished we had purchased it in the first place. This is only the second vehicle which I've owned in the past 35 years which I truly enjoy. We never plan on selling it. The other vehicle was a 1974 Camaro. Terrific hauling capacity.

12345...20