Used 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

Used Tahoe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons
3.88 out of 5 stars

Brakes Suck

WW, 05/22/2002
LT 4dr SUV

Great drive train but the brakes suck. Entirely too small for the vehicle. 65000 on the vehicle and I am ready to install the 4th set of rotors and pads. Dealerships don the halo and claim no defect in the vehicle. Talk to ex Chevy dealership personnel and you get a different story,the brakes suck because they're too small for the truck.

5 out of 5 stars

Great Vehicle

Happy, 01/19/2008
LT 4dr SUV

This vehicle has been good for everything. Very comfortable on long trips. Never had any major mechanical problems. Hauls large equipment weights. Plenty of space. I think it is great

4 out of 5 stars

Not a bad vehicle so far

devman, 07/08/2010
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck has been in the family since new, my mom owned it until last year when I took it over. It has approximately 97k on it and we have never had any major issues. The heated seats have burnt out, and the seats themselves only recline to one position, fortunately that position works for me. The inside is comfortable, I am 6'4" so the headroom is a big plus for me. It has a terrible meandering problem, which I now understand to be a weak point in the idler/pitman/ball joints. I am considering upgrading to some performance parts after I take care of the steering, and doing a much needed change of shocks.

4.13 out of 5 stars

What is wrong with these brakes?

amdla, 08/13/2003
LT 2dr SUV

We love this car for comfort, but we are changing brakes every 20,000 miles. We were told by a GMC salesman that there was a glitch in the design which was corrected on later models, but cannot get this confirmed by GM mechanics.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Great Truck... Last 6 years so far

79Dawg, 06/14/2007
LT 4dr SUV

I've owned this car since March of 2001 and it has been a joy. I do a lot of driving (135k miles in 6 yrs) and it has held up to all the abuse. Only problems I've had were the manifold gasket and the fuel pump. Both happened in the last two years (130,000 miles and up). It does eat up brakes, but it is a 3-ton vehicle... Chevy realized this and changed for the next model year (along with tire size). Engine is unbelievable. No problems with 158k miles on it. Runs as well as when I bought it with 23k. No problem pulling the large U-Haul trailer, fully loaded, from Ga to D.C. in 2006 with 150k on it. Handles great on and off road. Turning radius is great. Better than wife's 2005 Equinox

12345...20