Used 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

Used Tahoe for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...20

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

Slippage! But no clunk

TahoeTeen, 01/31/2002
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My parents bought this Tahoe brand new and we havent had any problems..but about 2 months ago when we took a sharp turn the wheel would slip...felt like it just quit turning then it would come back...but that is our only..problem in fact in Febuary or so we are gettin another Tahoe or suburban...great vehicle to learn in...

3.13 out of 5 stars

They don't make them like they use to!

BigRed1, 05/03/2005
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a 99 Tahoe Z71 powered by a LT1/340hp V8 (Yes, its original). Rear axle seals have always been a problem. Finally had to replace the axles. Brakes a huge problem; finally replaced with "greenstuff brakes", the jury is still out on that verdict. Transmission and engine still real strong after 121k miles. It's all the small stuff; power steering pump, alternator, fuel pump. However, try to tow 8000 pounds with your Toyota over the PA mountains! Gas mileage is 14/17. I can only use super unleaded fuel. I had to replace the entire exhaust system because both cats went out at 90k miles. Absolutely crazy; cats usually outlast the vehicle.

4.5 out of 5 stars

Tahoe

dina, 09/02/2007
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the perfect vehicle for a soccer mom and her 3 soccer stars. We had a bad snow storm last winter close to 5 ft. all the other fancy suvs (a volvo, land cruser and mercedes) were stuck in the banks in the side of the rode as I plowed through 1+ ft. drifts coming back from a birthday party.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great Vehicle!

Doc Watson, 05/30/2003
LT 2dr SUV 4WD

My first 4WD...Had 95,000 when I bought it but it had been taken cate of very well. No problems at all other than regular maintenance. Could benefit from larger brakes. Get a K&N air filter! No "Clunking" noise here! SNOW! I'm not scared of any stinking SNOW!

3.63 out of 5 stars

99 Tahoe

BNic61, 05/13/2002
LT 4dr SUV

very good vehicle for family use...spacious..comfortable...good front and rear air.......strong motor..good style

12345...20