Used 1991 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

One of the best Chev engine made
By Mike Baer

1991 Chevrolet Suburban R1500 4dr SUV

The Suburbans produced between 1985 & 1991 has one of the most reliable engines ever made by Chevrolet. V8 5.7L EFI 350 small block. You will not regret buying one.

Dependable Betsy
By bestytheburb

1991 Chevrolet Suburban R2500 4dr SUV

My 91 Suburban was purchased used with 85,000 miles on it. 17 years later 344,000 miles, mostly city miles with many California and Arizona vacations trips, Runs better than any new car. Engine is still great and smooth. Needed paint, Interior is like new when I replaced the dash and headliner. All repairs are just maintenance. Betsy will take me anywhere and safely. Someone did hit me 2015 and totaled the car by insurance standards. Lost all the water and oil, but I had to turn the engine off, it was still running fine. I had told everyone to bury me in it. I had plan to keep it until one of us passed away. Now looking for a new old suburban.

Size. Handled well. I could see out all around me. Very reliable. Interior. I always felt like I was in a new car. Made to last inside and out. I am 5'6" and could lay down in the back seats. 2nd and 3rd seat. The bakers doors were great and the back could hold a lot. 344,00 miles and every thing worked. Electric window s, power door looks, cruise control...

My Big Baby Boy
By rhystepesh

1991 Chevrolet Suburban V1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1991 Suburban from a mechanic friend of mine as it was all he had that I could afford... and I have not regretted it since. Sure fuel economy is not the greatest, but then it is a 2+ ton vehicle all steel, and very safe. I'm not trading it in for all the cars in the world. Easy to drive, low center of gravity means less likely to roll over, and can take a beating and still keep going. All I need is a kitchen and a bathroom and I'd make him my home. He'll probably become a pile of rusted dust before I think of getting another vehicle. Though I will have to replace the radio eventually, it's the only thing that doesn't work in him.

Roomy, smooth ride, safe and dependable

nada, hard to improve on such a great carry-all work vehicle.

Safe Truck To Drive
By Cynthia

1991 Chevrolet Suburban V2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my '91 Suburban for four years now and I still love it! I come out to the parking lot and there is my black & blue monster truck - his name is Bruiser. He keeps me warm at night, he waits for me no matter how late I am, and he keeps me safe. No one is ever going to hurt me again in this big truck. And there is so much room - whether I am hauling kids or a washing machine. Long interstate drives are a pleasure, and I have slept in the back while camping. If you want a safe vehicle to carry your family in, I sugges

Safe Truck To Drive
By Cynthia

1991 Chevrolet Suburban V2500 4dr SUV 4WD

Reel light under the hood is the best. The fact that there is plenty of room to work in the engine compartment is a big plus. The four-wheel-drive is easy to use. Seats remove or fold away so it can be used as a great hauler. And with all seats up, my whole family fits in for long trips.

Seat adjustments are not the easiest to use. Jack and spare tire are a pain; tend to loosen and make racket while driving. Ashtray is just a tad too far away from the driver. But I would NEVER go back to my old wagon