Used 2019 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

Used Spark for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Fun car.

Gus, 09/21/2018
2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

The engine is underpowered, but the rest of the car is great for the size and price. Still pleased with the car after approximately a year. No issues at al. 2 years now. Car is bit noisy, but completely happy with it. Nice small car.

Love my sparky spark

Charlie, 04/07/2019
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

Mom of three and we love this car!!! Drives great , love the leg room.. prefect for me

Living Like a European in America in the US

celestialtwilight, 09/05/2019
1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2019 Chevy Spark 1LT with an automatic CVT about a month ago. I am scoring 38 MPG City (I rarely drive highway miles) - and I'm pretty amazed at this little wonder! The built in back up camera, infotainment system with Android Auto is more than I can ask for in an entry level vehicle.....it just doesn't feel like and entry level vehicle. There is plenty of room (I am 5'5 and my significant other is 6'2) and there is no need to own a vehicle with greater cargo capacity or a higher price, unless your household is much larger. I shopped NIssan, Honda and Kia before I settled on this Chevy Spark and nothing in the same class matched the value and price point.

Have to change your driving habits

Piper, 07/19/2019
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the Spark LS when my old car died. The Spark was cheap for a new vehicle. I bought the LS model without electric door locks and I really regret that decision now. The CVT engine is a nightmare and I won't buy another car with it! The engine stalls for a few seconds if you don't come to a complete stop. So if you're turning in a parking lot and have to wait for cars to pass before you can go, you need to come to a complete stop before trying to cross in front of traffic or the car will stall for a few seconds and you may almost end up getting hit because of it. You can't slow down and then go again, the CVT engine just doesn't switch from slowing down to accelerating again very quickly. Also, if you have sharp turns that you have to really slow down for the car ends up being very jerky in the turn because again it doesn't switch from slowing down to accelerating very well. You basically just have to change all your driving habits when driving this car to get it to drive correctly. Come to a complete stop before turning in front of oncoming traffic and while stopped at a light, let off the brake before the traffic in front of you has started to move so the car won't hold you back when it's time to go. I also have an issue with where the air vents are, the steering wheel completely blocks the air coming from the vents on the drivers side. The vents should have been placed higher. There is road noise when driving on some old paved roads but my old car had that too so not a big deal to me. The small gas tank and high gas mileage have been nice. The amount of money needed for gas a month has been cut in half or more. It only takes $15 to fill up once a week when my old car was $30+ a week to fill up. The Spark only has a 9 gallon fuel tank. I'm stuck with the car for at least a few years until I get it paid off but once it is, I'll be switching to a non CVT engine car as I can't stand it!

A tremendous car at a tremendous price

Jeff, 09/08/2019
1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy has a real winner in the Spark, easy to park, fun to drive, good on gas l, and everybody tells me it's cute I went to buy a Honda fit and it would have cost me $3,000 more and this car is better

12345...6