Used 2019 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

Used Spark for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

GREAT COMMUTER!

Luis, 02/03/2019
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2019 Spark ls for my wife. She does a lot of city driving, Can’t really beat the spark. it’s not a luxury car or a sports car. It’s perfect Commuter. It’s actually fun to drive and once you’re in the drivers seat it feels safe and doesn’t feel like you’re driving a small car. People keep saying it’s slow, Idk it keeps up with traffic and gets going without issues even at 80mph. (Idk what people expect?). The wife really loves the infotainment system, she can listen to her music via Bluetooth and with Apple car play she has all the gadgets including gps and rear view camera. It’s a small, economic, friendly car. Yes there is road noise and the cvt transmission gets a while to get used to. But overall in my opinion it’s worth it, with only city driving she averages 33mpg and fillup is only $23 from empty to full. Can’t beat that! If you’re a picky person go find a more expensive car, if you want to save money and drive a new car this is the one to get.

Almost free fun transport!

Harold, 03/08/2019
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car to save money and it is by far the least expensive car out there. It is rated pretty well in crash tests. It lacks power windows, and power locks. It does have apple play and auto headlights. It is compatible with androids as well but I have an iPhone. I’m old so I’m very happy my google maps shows up on the screen of the car and my texts are read to me and I can dictate texts with eyes on the road. I got a manual transmission mostly because I think an important consideration in keeping costs down is lowering the number of systems that could reasonably require expensive repairs. It surprised me about how fun to drive it is. It doesn’t seem slow to me through normal highway speeds. And because I owned a car brand GM was trying to get market share back from, my price before tax and tags was under $10,000. Yes it sucks not having keyless entry, it’s size does mitigate the issue somewhat because you can easily read the other side. But at over 30 mpg combined and almost 40 mpgs on the highway, this is basically free, fun, transport.

Best small car I’ve owned

Robert, 03/23/2019
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

1 year update to my review. My car has 14,600 miles and is almost 13 months old. Zero problems. Gas mileage is better than EPA projected - I get combined between 38.7-40.0 mpg consistently - about 85% of my driving is on the turnpike. No squeaks or rattles. Zero issues. The car feels very comfortable from a driver perspective. I’m very happy with this affordable little car. 2 year update: I now have had my Spark for 25 months. I have 28,000 miles on it. I have replaced tires and done scheduled maintenance. Very comfortable for a small commuter car (I’m 6’2” 220 lbs). I use the apple car play to listen to podcasts. The car has no squeaks or rattles, handles very well, and has had zero issues. The seats are easy to keep clean. I use it to drive to / from work - about 70% highway usage. I have the manual transmission and my average fuel consumption is better than the EPA estimates - I routinely get between 39-41 MPG (according to the reading on the digital dashboard instrument and validated by manual calculation based on miles traveled / gallons consumed). I consider this to be a great value for a commuter car.

Exellent,attractive, fuel efficient

Jon altimus-carrauthers, 11/14/2018
1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great economy vehicle

Bad Luck Sparky

Steve M., 10/25/2019
1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have tried really hard to "love" this car, but I just cannot. I've had numerous issues with the car since driving off the lot (literally). On my way home from the dealership, my airbag and seatbelt lights kept going on and off while driving down the highway. Took the car into service and found they had to replace the seatbelt buckle and airbag control module for the driver's seat. Not even a week later, the radio would stay on with the car turned off and the driver's door opened. In the process of figuring this out, the dealership scratched my dashboard upon removal of the radio. Found that there was an update to OnStar which had caused the issues with the radio. I have squeaking coming from the front suspension when hitting bumps, that is heard with the windows down. The dealership says they aren't sure where it's coming from, and it would take them too long to trace the noise down, so they sent me out the door with 2 free oil changes. Not a fix for a brand new car! I've also got a terribly loud whine somewhere within the powertrain, and I was verbally told it was the transmission and that they all do it, yet on my paperwork the dealership noted that it was alternator noise under high load. Regardless, it's unacceptable for a brand new car to have these issues! I also am experiencing rattles from both front windows when they are down slightly (not all the way down) and it sounds like they're loose in the tracks. I also experience thumping from the back brakes when slowing to a stop gently. Latest issue was a tapping/rattle noise from the driver's side of the dash. The dealership had my car for an entire month, and found that they had to replace the steering column, the power steering motor and the ignition assembly. Long story short, don't buy this car unless you are ready to be known by name when you call the service department! Highly unpleased with the car, and have requested GM to either buy back my car or offer an extension to my bumper to bumper warranty. GM has declined both, and tried to offer me a component warranty extension for 60months/75k miles on the front suspension. Will be getting in touch with a lawyer to find out how to apply for lemon law. Car has been in the service department for approx. 6 weeks total since buying in March 2019, and it's only October of 2019 now.

12345...6