Used 2019 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews

Used Spark for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Granni got her a tiny car!

Kelli BaxterTanton, 10/19/2018
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have always driven mid size or larger vehicles. After driving a Fiat while my truck was in the shop I fell in love with the small car! After much research I chose the Spark. It is an excellent car for the money! I have an 80 mile commute to work 4 days a week. "Tiny" handles great on wet roads, plenty of room for me, she has 10 air bags so I feel as comfortable in it as I did my Lacrosse. The backup camera is much sharper than in my 2016 Ram. Gas mileage is great! I was accustomed to spending 60.00 per week plus in the Ram. Now I spend 18.00-20.00. The only thing that I would change is the placement of the cup holders and cruise control.

Don't listen to the (Expert) reviews.

C.S., 01/05/2019
1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car as an 2nd car so not to put so much mileage on my F-150. (and save gas) we just took an 3 hour round trip on the highway and pouring rain on the way home. Handled great, the acceleration was very good for a car this size and type. It was also very good at passing trucks and other slower vehicles. It is very fun to drive. Only complaint is that the 2 front cup holders are too tightly spaced together. Update: 1/8/2019 We took a 850 mild trip. Handled well on parkways. Car is noisy on older asphalt road's but hey it's not a luxury car. I got an average 40.5 MPG. So far we are very happy with car. Still very happy with car. No complaints. One thing, after driving highways with snow and rain, I would not suggest doing too much driving in that type of weather. Little squirrelly. I guess do to the light weight of vehicle.

My little Peanut

PR Robins, 02/18/2019
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2019 Spark, "The Peanut", for driving back and forth to work each day. I drive 60 miles to work and wanted to cut down on the miles, and wear and tear, I was putting on my 2018 Dodge Ram sport truck. I looked at several used Hondas and Toyotas but just couldn't fathom paying roughly the same price for a used car, with 80,000 - 100,000 miles on it, that a new Chevrolet with a full 3 year warranty cost. I wanted the cheapest manufacture's new model I could find with 4 doors, automatic transmission and air conditioning, and the Spark was it. I was amazed that even stripped down it comes with such features as 10 air bags, a/c, a big back up camera screen, auto head lights, auto driver door lock, blue tooth stereo, On-Star and carpeted floor mats. I drive this car almost daily on the toll roads between 75 - 85 mph and it is comfortable and runs just fine. To tell the truth, the ride in town, is smoother than riding in my truck or my wife's Camaro SS. I live in Austin, Tx and find myself using my Spark not just for work, as originally intended, but also on my days off when running errands. It is easy to drive in busy traffic, comfortable and sooooo easy to park. My poor truck has barely left the garage since I purchased my car. Some changes in future models I would like to see, for me, would be a back seat that folds "completely" flat for additional hauling capability and a better arrangement of the cup holders so tall drinks are easier to get in and out. Other than that, this car satisfies my needs completely and I don't think there is a better value out there for the price. Update: After 8 months of ownership and 7000 miles, I still love this car. I drive it almost daily, either on the interstate or around town. I have not had one thing go wrong with it since purchase. It fits my basic commuter needs perfectly. Even the air conditioner has proved adequate in this 100+ degree Texas summer heat. If you can catch it when GM is offering great rebates (my was $3,500) I don't think you will find a better deal out there.

Better than the reviews

Mary S, 12/03/2018
1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

Maybe it's because I wasn't expecting a luxury vehicle, but I find the blah reviews about my Spark to be, well, blah. Sure, it won't go from 0 to 60 in 2 seconds and yes, if you are long limbed you may feel cramped. But if you want a car that goes fast in a split second or has lots of leg room, go buy one. I am 5'2" and I had to raise the driver's seat all the way up and move it forward so it has plenty of head and leg room up front. I drove it 4 hours straight on major highways through intermittent rain, heavy traffic, and on stretches of interstate that were patched and full of potholes. My little Sparky kept up with the big boys at 85 mph, passed semis with no problem, and handled the roads well. Add to that I listened to an auduiobook at normal volume without any interference from engine noise. Also, 260 miles at high speeds only used 3/4 tank of gas. So, if you have the dough to blow and want a luxury or sports car, buy one. But if you are limited on what to spend or just don't care about impressing others because you already know you're awesome, get a Spark LT. It's a fun little car to drive and gets you from place to place with some modern features and conveniences and let's you spend that dough on other things.

Perfect car for a first time buyer.

MattC, 05/20/2019
LS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl CVT)

I recently purchased this car (LS/automatic) for my college age daughter. So with that in mind, I am looking at the car through the prism of a first time buyer who will drive primarily in city environments. First off, my biggest concern were safety and sightlines. A hatchback is(IMO) a perfect first car because inherently there are great sightlines and a clear view out the back window. I purchased the LS with a CVT. I am pleasantly surprised with the safety features (10 airbags/ back up camera that is now almost standard on every new car) but even more surprised with the infotainment. This has a very intuitive touchscreen that has Apple Carplay/Android Auto/ clear backup camera standard / Bluetooth connectivity / OnStar / a 4G Wifi hotspot (nice not needed). More importantly is that this easily fades in the background and is not distracting like many newer car infortainment systems. Also there are proper buttons/switched for the HVAC controls that feel good in the hand and easy to use. Driving: The car is sprightly. It perfectly handles itself well in traffic. It isn't and shouldn't be considered a "fast" car but sports car standards but it can easily find holes in traffic. I have put about 200 miles on the vehicle in 3 days and never felt wanting for power in this time. The CVT transmission does its best to mimic a traditional automatic with "stepped" gears that take the drama out of driving. Older CVT's would hold a gear to keep the engine at the optimal boil to maximize power. This often happened at the expense of hearing an engine drone on at high RPMs as the car accelerated. Newer CVT's program shifts to break up this and the end result is a perfectly acceptable and inoffensive transmission. There is some road noise but that is to be accepted in a small car with a short wheelbase. What is impressive is the suspension damping. The car handles surprisingly well and is properly setup to handle road imperfections. Current MPG as I write this is hovering over 37mpg. The car's average (approx. 200 miles on the odometer) before we bought it was 39mpg. Interior: The front seats are quite comfortable. ( this is paramount for me as while I am average height/weight but want a comfortable seat after 6 years in a awful Honda Insight driver's seat)The driver's seat has an armrest that is positioned properly. The back seats are spacious enough for normal size people but this ultimately is a small car . As mentioned above the controls are a good blend of a touchscreen and well placed controls. (2) cup holders are forward of the shifter. The back seat has (1) cupholder between the rear seats and it looks like there are provisions for bottle holders in the door panels. The fabric of seats look so far to be well wearing and comfortable. Step in height is slightly higher than most small cars which is greatly appreciated. Hatch space is small but split Value: Chevy is offering tremendous rebates on this car. The bulk of many new buyers are gravitating to CUVs and small hatchbacks are sitting on the lots. It is an ideally suited car for a first time buyer or someone looking for an easy to park/drive/maintain vehicle. I will update at more mileage is accrued. ****7500 Mile Update: The car has regularly exceeded the EPA mileage (For reference I drive about 10 miles each way to work/primarily on highways before typical rush hour times and it used by my daughter when she is back in town). I have averaged at least 40 mpg to a high of 43 mpg. I did (1) oil change at 5000 miles (well before the oil life meter but in my own car experience I like to change out the initial oil earlier than required. With the oil meter expect oil changes around the 7500 mile mark.It is astoundingly easy to change . My local dealership offers (1) free oil change and I plan on using that during the winter months. My daughter had enjoyed the parkability (yes made up word) and feels comfortable driving it. All the pleasant attributes of being a small hatchback with a small footprint but with excellent interior room and visibility are there. The backup camera is crisp and she is doing quite well with parallel parking. 20k: Fuel mileage in low 40s

12345...6