2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

Bad tranny !!!!
By Tara G

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

Shifting sucks when taking off from a stop. Right now my 2015 is in the shop getting a new transmission. Other than continous problems with the tranny I haven't had any other problems. Not happy at all !!!

Complete transmission replacement at 14k miles
By Jesse

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

I'm a delivery driver, so I'm not exactly gentle on my vehicles, but I have to say that I was very disappointed in the Spark. I bought this vehicle new at year-end in Houston for a decent (in my opinion) price - $12800. I immediately took out the back seatbacks, as I only use it for delivery and carrying one passenger. Even before doing that, there was tons of storage space. In a comical moment at work, I took a delivery that the owner of a Ford F-150 couldn't fit in his bed and cab- HA! The seat is very comfortable - a big plus for someone who sits in it over 8 hours a day. No CD player. Damn. No Bluetooth. Damn. Aux cord works well, though. Here's the rub: acceleration was always finicky, even after the well-communicated recall work on the CVT belt tensioner was completed. On several occasions, I would be left dangerously exposed when crossing traffic because the vehicle would not accelerate until a second or two after I had floored it. Last week, it died when I shifted into reverse, then exhibited a strong shudder when accelerating (similar in feel to a new driver learning to drive stick). I took it in, and they are currently replacing the entire transmission. I purchased this vehicle hoping to get 125k miles out of it over the next five years, but now I'm not so sure. Luckily, it is still under the bumper-to-bumper warranty, so I don't have to pay a dime, but that's the tradeoff for it depreciating over $4k in one year. I made the decision to purchase this vehicle instead of a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris because of the price point, but in this case it seems I got what I paid for.

BAD TRANSMISSION OR IGNORANT SERVICE PERSONEL!!!!!
By Harry

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2014 llt about 4 months ago. The car is what I was looking for in a compact car with great gas mileage. But, it seems the transmission has some issues and the dealer says that the way it shifts... If you take off slow it will jerk your back out of wack its so bad. It also has a shutter when you take off. down shifts very hard.. The dealer says again that's the way it was designed.. Make sure you drive one and get a good test drive before buying.. If the issues cant be resolved I'm going to sell or trade it. It's that bad.. BEWARE!!!!!

Low cost and good value
By Husein Sukaria

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car for economy city driving. My goal and expectations were low purchase as well as operation cost. That would disqualify any hybrid vehicle. The purchase price was so low that I could not pass up such a good opportunity. It is too early to tell how long term reliability will be, hopefully good.

2015 Chevy Spark Review
By Matt

2015 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have two main complaints on my Chevy Spark. I've had this car for about 7 months and I'm already looking to upgrade to a 2013 Kia. I bought my Spark new and I requested a standard key fob remote and I then found that it's not available for the Spark, but there is an Onstar app that does the job. I found out very, very quickly that this was impossible to use - the app was unresponsive and full of glitches, not to mention, they only "door" the app unlocked was the trunk! Another complaint I have is the acceleration. It's about a 0-60mph in about 10.5 seconds, making it very difficult not to jolt forward in the Spark when transitioning to a highway from city. Aside from these big complaints, this car is VERY noisy. You can hear more of the ground and wind outside than the stereo system. The stereo system in the LS is very muffled and grainy...if you are someone who relies on music, it becomes very difficult to enjoy any of it with the quality of the speakers. This is a car without Bluetooth connectivity, phone connectivity for calls, or a USB port. Additionally, there is no center counsel for storage. You're left to use the small side pockets on either side of the front seats and an extremely small "pocket" in the back with only one pocket on the back of the passenger seat. I feel it is important to mention that when it is a windy day, the Spark will blow and shift slightly into other lanes. This car is very difficult to control in windy conditions. I would not recommend this car to anyone - it is a very, very affordable car however the cheap price definitely shows in the interior, exterior, and engine.