Used 2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

Nice little Car
By Jeremy

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

My daughter wanted and small car and this did the trick!

Problem car
By Anthony Nelson

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for the advertised ease of maintenance, fuel economy and for long commutes. I am very thorough about changing the oil every 3k miles although the manual states to change it every 7k. This car was great for the first 50k miles other than having a small issue with the transmission. At around 35000 miles, it started burning alot of oil, (about 1 quart per 2000 miles, and Chevy has told me that "normal" consumption is up to 1 quart per 1000 miles. I checked the oil once a week, and added what was needed. I was on a long road trip to Texas from Missouri at just under 50k miles when I lost the 4th cylinder. Took dealership over a month to replace the rings and pistons in the 4th cylinder. Currently at about 65k miles and burning a quart of oil every 1k miles. This can't be good for carbon buildup in the engine and am expecting the engine to fail before long. Have been a longtime fan of Chevy, but after this and another problematic purchase before this, I will no longer be buying from a company that refuses to be accountable for their problems creating dependable cars as well as needing government assistance in staying in business...

Lemons-2014 SPARKS
By Charles Smart

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

Bought brand new at showroom. First year-leaking radiator fill tank-leaked onto and fried Alternator-THEY refused to replace either. Second year-engine blew-warranty covered it-but it still ticks. THOUSANDS of reports of blown engines on 2014 Chevy Sparks. Third year-NOW My transmission is slipping-THOUSANDS of reports on these transmissions failing- NOW dealer claims my warranty ended at 60K , Chevy says 100K

One tough little car
By Scott S

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Spark March of 2014 and just totaled it last night hit in the driver's side by a Kia Forte traveling at 45MPH. The airbags deployed and are expensive to replace, plus the left front wheel will need major repair, so more than the residual value of the car thus she's totaled. I walked away with no more than a minor scratch on left of my forehead from the Airbag deployment (that smells like gunpowder). Over the years I've owned the car, I've been rear - ended twice-once by a guy on a Harley-folded his front fork under the bike, ran across a high concrete road devider - flattened the tire but otherwise caused no other damage. Have sometimes pushed the car pretty hard and no major problems, there was the recall for the ac, and the coolant overflow tank cracking for no apparent reason a couple years ago and costing nearly $200 to replace, but I take those in the pace of owning a car, provided they are not a perceived major oversight or design flaw on the part of the manufacturer and this car did not have those, I'll be replacing the Spark with another Spark.

Really fun to drive
By Cailin

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

This little Chevy has more interior space than I was expecting and the four doors make it easy to get into and out of the back seats. I am really pleased with the mileage I am getting. The engine is powerful enough to scoot when you need to, and the Chevy MyLink is easy to use. I was surprised at all the extras that came with the car, including heated seats, a back windshield wiper and a nice sound system.