Used 2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

Lemons-2014 SPARKS
By Charles Smart

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl CVT)

Bought brand new at showroom. First year-leaking radiator fill tank-leaked onto and fried Alternator-THEY refused to replace either. Second year-engine blew-warranty covered it-but it still ticks. THOUSANDS of reports of blown engines on 2014 Chevy Sparks. Third year-NOW My transmission is slipping-THOUSANDS of reports on these transmissions failing- NOW dealer claims my warranty ended at 60K , Chevy says 100K

One tough little car
By Scott S

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Spark March of 2014 and just totaled it last night hit in the driver's side by a Kia Forte traveling at 45MPH. The airbags deployed and are expensive to replace, plus the left front wheel will need major repair, so more than the residual value of the car thus she's totaled. I walked away with no more than a minor scratch on left of my forehead from the Airbag deployment (that smells like gunpowder). Over the years I've owned the car, I've been rear - ended twice-once by a guy on a Harley-folded his front fork under the bike, ran across a high concrete road devider - flattened the tire but otherwise caused no other damage. Have sometimes pushed the car pretty hard and no major problems, there was the recall for the ac, and the coolant overflow tank cracking for no apparent reason a couple years ago and costing nearly $200 to replace, but I take those in the pace of owning a car, provided they are not a perceived major oversight or design flaw on the part of the manufacturer and this car did not have those, I'll be replacing the Spark with another Spark.

Really fun to drive
By Cailin

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

This little Chevy has more interior space than I was expecting and the four doors make it easy to get into and out of the back seats. I am really pleased with the mileage I am getting. The engine is powerful enough to scoot when you need to, and the Chevy MyLink is easy to use. I was surprised at all the extras that came with the car, including heated seats, a back windshield wiper and a nice sound system.

Sparkling Grape Spark Stick
By Arden Jensen

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no trouble with the car, and it is fun to drive. I get mid-30s mpg in town and well over 40 on the highway as long as I go the speed limit. I have had it up to 90 mph when passing and 80-85 cruising. The manual transmission makes driving the car fun. I have no trouble keeping up with traffic; actually, the car is pretty peppy. The steering is quick--like a go-cart, but that is part of the fun. I joke with my wife that it is my 4-wheel motorcycle (I also have a Suzuki GS500f motorcycle). The interior is roomy for such a small car. The suspension is firm, but that is part of what makes the car handle well. The air conditioner is just adequate, but it works well enough as long as I remember to put my reflectors under the windshield. The LT1 is worth the extra bucks. I especially enjoy the cruise control when I am on the interstate. I have no complaints.

Problem Car
By ChristinaG

2014 Chevrolet Spark Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2014 spark (new) on Black Friday November 29 2013, I had to take it in one week later on Thursday December 5 2013 because a tire pressure light was on. They told me it was the device that I had plugged in to monitor my driving for a lower insurance, I removed it and my tire pressure light still comes on. The tire pressure light has been on at least twice a month since I've had it, and nobody can fix the issue. I've had about 3 recalls, the A/C had to be replaced, I've had an oil leak. I bought a new car so I wouldn't have problems 😬. My 2007 Ford Escape has been in the shop less then my 2014 Chevy Spark. I will never get a Chevy again. I'm writing this on April 12 2017 so my Spark is about 3 1/2 years old and I have less than 17000 miles. All these problems for less than 17000 miles, it probably won't last to 50000 miles.