Used 2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:

Great car
By Bob

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Sonic, and I really like the car. My first one was broadsided by a guy at 40mph and I walked away!!! Liked the car so much that I bought another one. Edmunds search helped a lot in finding me a car, thank you.

Sonic the Hedgehog
By Steve

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My girl and I bought this car in September of 2017 a used car that was a 24 month lease before us. We got luck it was a lease from a large corporation that took great care of it. About 1 year of driving and no complaints at all, just love this car.

Deceptive car
By CRYSTAL

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Cannot lower the front of the driver seat nor tilt the headrest after 3 years I've replaced half of everything that makes the car run water pumps $200 fan assemblies hoses belts air intakes metal lines after 3 years a car should not have to have this much work done where I live the speed limit does not get over 55 miles per hour my car still looks brand spanking new but is falling apart

A Big Car in a Small Car Body
By Ryan

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

After dumping a 2015 Honda Fit that proved to be unreliable and felt flimsy, the Sonic has been a breath of fresh air.

We were able to get our 2015 in early 2016; a left over LT with the manual transmission for $12,500. It was a steal! Compared to the Honda, the Sonic feels like a big car wrapped in a small car body. The interior is extremely quiet at all speeds and there's minimal wind, road, or engine noise that comes into the cabin.

The 1.8 liter isn't the fastest, but does fine getting up to speed, and hasn't ever felt slow. The 5-speed's well-spaced gears certainly help and the shifter slips into gears easily. The clutch is light and forgiving. The ride is on the firm side, but pays off with pretty good handling and steering feel. It doesn't match the Fiesta or Fit in that regard, but can still be a lot fun on a windy road

I love the design, and prefer it over the newer, more generic 2017 Sonic. The exposed headlights, and circular theme within the tailights stand out from the crowd. The same goes inside. Many either love or hate the digital, motorcycle-inspired gauge cluster. I personally love it; it's unique, quirky, easy to read, and being digital, makes staying at a certain speed a simple task. The rest of the interior is also user friendly and straightforward.

Interior space upfront is generous and the footwell area has enough leg room for tall folks. The rear seat doesn't match the Fit, but is still better than most small cars. The trunk is pretty shallow with the seats up, but the hidden shelf below the load floor is clever, and there is loads of space if the seats are folded. The seats are very comfortable and make long trips tolerable.

Reliability has been good, and in one year and 3,000 miles, the only issue has been the carpet in the driver's footwheel started to bunch up. It was replaced under warranty with no questions asked.

Is it perfect? No. The rear pillars are thick and there is a significant blind spot. Some of the plastics inside are a little low-grade.

But overall, it's a fantastic car. It's a great value, built in America, has interesting style, and is a small car with few of the small car compromises. It's just an easy car to live with.

LOVE IT! Would not choose twice.
By logan

2015 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It is a fun car to drive and it is very comfortable. Interior is much bigger than the exterior would lead you to believe. I love zipping in and out of traffic in it, but getting around in snow is next to impossible. It also has very little cargo room. I have never gotten the 38 MPG that the dealer said but I can live with that because she knows how to put the power down. would have been nice to have a CD player, other than that the stereo system is incredible for a dinky little "economy car" I love this car but my next choice will be something much bigger with a V8