2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

$34,100

Save as much as $2,893
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Gigantic failure

MaintGuy, 11/24/2020
Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.6L 8cyl 6A)

Chevy has entirely missed the mark on this truck. My new work truck is a 2021 2500hd 4x4 with the 6.6 gas engine. I won’t go into how ugly this truck is because that’s just personal opinion. I will however express my displeasure with everything else. To start this truck is difficult to step up into. I’m 5’9” and although I’m not super tall I’m also not short and I find it difficult to make the step up and forward that you have to make to get in. Once inside the truck the first thing I noticed was that visibility is absolutely horrible. The hood is ridiculously tall and way too long. There could literally be a small child sitting 20 feet in front of the truck and I would not be able to see it. Another factor contributing to poor visibility is the gigantic side mirrors. It’s impossible to see over or around them and they caused me to almost get into two accidents. One where I almost hit an elderly couple that walked out into a crosswalk and my view of them was entirely obstructed by these horrible mirrors, and another time when I almost pulled out in front of a vehicle coming from my right because the mirror blocked my view of that vehicle. While I’m on the subject of mirrors I’ll also add that the same idiot who designed the iPhone must have had something to do with the design of these mirrors because there is a ridiculous notch on the outside edge that blocks your view out of that mirror. The interior of the truck is moderately comfortable. The tiny little volume nob is annoying especially when the hvac nobs are so much larger and easier to use. The touch screen display is also difficult to use and see from the drivers seat. The engine seems to have decent power but is coupled to the worst transmission in history. While driving a windy road it’s constantly shifting up into the next gear when letting off the gas going into a curve causing the engine to sputter and then downshifting too much once you’re back on the gas. Combine this with that fact that I believe it is also cutting out cylinders to save gas and the driving experience is horrible.

Not for flatbed conversion!

Joe Duryea, 11/07/2020
Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (6.6L 8cyl 6A)

This will seem like a small thing unless you drive a lot, like I do. I am in agri-business and I am a long-time Chevy/GMC guy and have owned over a dozen of their trucks and pickups. I recently bought a 2020 Silverado 2500 WT regular cab to put a flatbed on it. After I had the flatbed installed, there's been an awfully annoying wind noise coming from behind the seats. It turns out the cabin baffles that let air pressure escape when you close the doors flap all over the place once the OEM bed is gone. Chevy will not fix it because the OEM box is gone and the tolerances have changed. I guess they don't want to sell any WTs to folks that like flat beds. Get a Ford.