2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love My Truck!!
By Arthur C.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

Traded in a 2010 Silverado for a 2017 Z71 LTZ 4x4 with the 6.2 V8. Only issue would be sometimes shifting from Park to Drive I get a hard clunk sound but not always. The Technology in the truck is fantastic. On some drives with cylinder deactivation I got 32.4 MPG according to the computer trip. Traded the 20"s wheels for 22"s which changes the ride to a firmer ride but it looks are better.

Giaco56
By Giacomino Viglianti

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

This is the best vehicle I could ever buy. It is a truck, you know it when you see it from the outside. It is a luxury vehicle when you are driving it and it is roomy when you are a passenger.

Enjoy the Ride
By Sam K

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am 6'9" 295lbs the truck is everything it needs to be for getting in and out leg room inside is great. low out noise the power is a little light but in all it's okay. If any complaints I have is that if when I brake the transmission down shifts to quick sometimes

My luxury car with a bed for my kayak!
By RW

This truck is a work horse! It pulls our toy hauler RV full like a dream. I can easily load my kayak & fishing gear & go. BUT it's the luxury that sold me! It's a truck that gets noticed, and it has nicer interior options than my loaded Buick Lacross had. We have a regular Ford F150 for a work truck, (and it's nice too)...but the High Country is the family car with plenty of space for 3 kids and all of our stuff. We are an outdoors family so we wanted something that would feel like a luxury family car but still be able to carry our gear. It's too expensive for just a work truck you could get a cheaper work truck with less frills...but for what we use it for, it's perfect! Also I'm only 4'11" and the adjustments for the seat/steering/pedals make a big truck a perfect fit for a small person!

Texas Edition, Texas Hot
By Pat Anders

2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

How in the hell can you build a Texas Edition truck in Texas where it is 102 with a heat index of 109 and not put rear a/c vents in the rear cabin. I changed from a 2004 Ford F150 Lariat to the 2017 Silverado Texas Edition LT 4x4. I knew the ride would not be is good, but hardly any insulation behind rear seat. I added some myself and helped a little. At 70 mph you cannot talk to people in rear seat. With 15K miles I'm thinking about better tires to see if it helps. Why would you not put rear sway bars on a 4x4 truck?