Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

why to buy
By jeff

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Best truck I've ever owned

Beautiful truck but stay away
By Todd

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

First off I didn't have the proper choice in the Edmunds menu for engine. My truck has the 6.2L V8. So as I said it's a beautiful truck but.......

Frame rust issues. Front to back and side to side SIGNIFICANT frame rust by 20,000. I live in Michigan but it's kept clean and at 20k come on. Cost $500.
Towing. Have a 4k boat that I tow less than 500 miles per summer (short season) the squat that boat (tandem axel custom trailer) put on that truck was unbelievable. Along with the sway made towing unpleasant. Added Adjustable air bags to the rear (air lift) and now it's a beast but at a cost of another $500.
Electronics. Had to have some towing sensors replaced at 20K. The truck is a computer. B-to-B covered.
At 24K the engine light came on accompanied by an awful noise. Originally said lifters (really at 24K) but turned out to be a bent pushrod. How does that happen at 24k miles? B-to-B covered.

Can't recommend I'm worried about my out of pocket when the warranty period is over. GM quality is NOT what it used to be.

my first Chevrolet Silverado
By R. Pullin

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Chevrolet Silverado year 2014. This is a short bed truck and it rides like a buckboard. This truck will beat you to death. The inside instrumentation is for kids and not for men. I don't have time driving down the road trying to figure out all the buttons and what they do. I have received the second recall in this vehicle. I want a truck to be on the road and not in the shop. i traded in a 30 year old truck with a V 8 motor for this truck with a V 6 motor and it does not get any better mileage than the old truck did. That's not saying very much for today's technology. I have loss 18 inches of leg room in the front and 12 inches behind the seat. The cab is claustrophobic. I am right on top of the steering wheel and it's airbag and i can't get away from it. I pray that i will not have an accident. My children will not let my grandchildren ride with us because of the air bags and the close space in the cab. I miss that.

Great truck....But?
By Keith Johnson

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I would not consider trading this truck but I need a truck that can pull larger items. It will be a Chev. 3500HD

Best truck I have ever owned
By Gary Thams

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

For a full size truck my 2014 Silverado rides like a Luxury car, as comfortable as my wife's Lexus RX350. Interior comfort and styling are fantastic. I have owned 7 trucks of various brands and this Silverado has been my most pleasurable to drive.