Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love my Chevy
By Adam Wiley

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great truck all the way around. Looks great, drives great, powerful, comfortable, smooth ride, not noisy, etc. Wish it had navigation though. Onstar sucks.

This one's a dud
By Jenny Carlson

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Double Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Only 17k miles on this truck after 2 years of ownership. At this point I'm even hearing from service people that this year 2014 Double Cabs are trouble. The paint job is the cheapest I've ever seen and started chipping the first week. The dash came loose and had to be "tightened". Now I have a horrible smell coming from the HVAC vents. TURN RADIUS is awful. Didn't realize how bad until I rented a truck (happened to be Ram - same class as my truck size) and it was like night and day. No problem turning, u-turning, parking, etc in the Ram. Hate all those things in my Chevy. (I'm a repeat Chevy owner and never had such low quality) I'm actually worried about the value of my vehicle down the road when all the problems become public knowledge and it's branded a bad year to buy. The responsiveness is like driving a 50's or 60's vehicle instead of 2014. Sluggish.

In addition, Chevy has moved to a new fabric for their interiors. As a result the interior is not nearly as comfortable as older models. They say the new fabric is easier to clean. Well I have found the opposite to be true. Having a dog that I like to take with me, has been a nightmare. The fabric attracts the hair and actually gets stuck in the weave of the material. I have to take a rubber brush as hard as I can to "comb" the hair out of the seat material, while I have a vacuum in the other hand to try and grab the hair as soon as it's even partially free from the material. Previous seat fabrics were never a problem to clean and vacuum hair.

Service reps actually had the nerve to tell me I just needed to change the setting on my AC/Heat to exterior air before turning off and getting out of the vehicle. That somehow the way I use my HVAC is causing the problem! Every concern I have bought up to service is dismissed immediately as something I must be doing wrong. And that was from the Service department manager! In addition when the dealer "fixed" the dash, they managed to put a dent in the door of my truck. While it's now scheduled to be fixed and they took ownership, seems to me maybe they need to look within for who is doing something wrong as relates to these trucks.

I have 2 positives for this truck: 1. The stay in place floor mats. 2. The 4-door double cab as an in-between to the crew cab.

I have now contact Chevrolet corporate. So far I'm being put off in a noncommittal let's get dealer to address issues… Really? Don't really think a dealer can fix an inferior product with design flaws.

Works fine for me
By George

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB w/2WT (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2014 2WT Double Cab 4x4 truck with the 4.3 engine. I'm very pleased with the vehicle. The 2WT package is a great value in my opinion. The truck is very comfortable & surprisingly good on gas. The bluetooth with phone is a but quirky but once I figured out the the system, it works ok. Took it on a 500 mile trip & was a very comfortable ride. For what I paid, I'm happy with my purchase

my bad truck
By ward

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

not safe, to many problems with electrical, shifting problems from 2wheel to 4wheel,very poor support from dealer or GM to fix the problems!!!!!!!!!!!

Infotainment system is obsolete technology.
By Stephen Brooks

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

After several weeks in and out of the shop and calling GM due to my navigation system being unable to change route and more than 50% extended predicted travel time GM gave ne a service bulletin and response that said the system operates as designed and works from a static base when calculating travel time. It is not an active system. Translation they bought old technology for their new vehicles. you can use any gps capable device today and have more accurate information.
Their resolution was to offer me GM dollars to buy junk I don't need from their online store. I asked to either have the GPS ($750 option in a $45,000 truck) repaired to work correctly or give me credit to purchase a truly usable system. The lack of concern demonstrated by the GM team has convinced me to not buy a GM product again. Another recall I have to deal with came today, it appears the seats break lose in a crash?