Used 1997 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used S-10 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Surprising reliability

cajun626, 08/07/2002

The ONLY reason I even considered buying a GM product was b/c I had a $4K rebate on my GM card. I'm shocked, but I haven't paid a dime for a repair yet (just maint.). Bad stuff - the 3rd door sticks sometimes and shakes, rattles and rolls and the 2.2L is weak.

Great looking, great on gas

ChristopherS, 11/26/2002

I've used this truck for 5-1/2 years and have only replaced one radiator (under warranty). Never had any major work. I've driven this truck from Vancouver over the Cascades into Leavenworth several times, as well as down to California twice and Calgary a few times. Great reliable truck! Don't try stacking three guys into a standard cab (did that in LA with no A/C - Oi!) but fits great for two. Super little features (3 cig-lighter- type outlets, many lights, HUGE mirrors) make this truck a pleasure, whether parked (perusing a map) or driving!

My first compact pick-up

hadleybradley, 01/29/2003

This vehicle siutes my needs very well. It has never let me down, ecsept for the ocational battery failure, but all automobiles have this concern. The four cylender is OK on gas, but has potient torque off the line, even when towing. The S-10 i think is the perfect first vehicle for your kids, very reliable, stylish good looks, and easy on the bank! Oh and dont forget the drivers side air bag, a must have now a days!

super fun

mike's'97, 02/09/2003

this truck us super fun to own service and drive. the cab is a little small for three people but well designed.

1997 Chevy S10 LS 2WD Regular Cab Review

BCJ, 07/11/2003

This truck is real nice to me. I drive it a lot, but mechanically it is not to strong. I've had to replace the water pump and fan bracket and this truck only has 69,000 original miles on it.

Runnin' son-of-a-gun

HGW, 08/08/2003

I'm extremely happy with my S-10. My gas mileage isn't too hot, but it's so fun to drive, I don't care. Besides, I'm probably most of the problem (quick jackrabbit starts, driving fast, etc.).

Can't wait to drive it again!

BillMe, 12/27/2003

Fantasitc truck. Very fun to drive. Looks great! I hate to get where I'm going. Fuel economy has been excellent. Holds just enough in the bed and we can squeeze 3 in the cab. Wish I had another one!

Alright car

Adam, 08/30/2005

I bought the car with 135k miles on it and within 800 miles I needed a new transmission, but other than that its a good truck to have

A bit disappointed

oxguru, 02/23/2004

I have been rather disappointed in this vehicle, considering my father's 1993 Chevy Silverado is still going strong at over 100K miles. I only have about 66K miles, and have had, in the past three months, to put almost $1500 into this for things that should still be working fine. I have been pretty good about regular maintenance, so I've been pretty annoyed of late. Time to trade in for a (gasp) foreign car make.

Okay Car

Adam W., 04/21/2006

I bought this truck with 135,000miles on it. About 2000 miles later I needed a new transmission. At 142,000 I needed a new gas line, brake line, and gas tank. I still need to get a O2 sensor, fuel sensor, new shocks, my transmission still isn't that great, and the gas mileage for a 4 cylinder isn't that great. All in all I wish I just bought a nice sedan..

51050