Used 1997 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

1997 Chevrolet S-10
12345...9

Pros
Cons

little red truck

bird, 01/18/2004

The truck was not what I wanted. Small, no frills. But when I drove it my mind changed. It's fun to drive around the city, if you like to drive. Oh it's a 5 speed and I use it. Like most things we drive it could use more power, but then again I wouldn't be passing as many gas stations. I plan on keeping it until it or I give out. So far other the regular maintenance it's got all the factory parts except the rear U joint. Great Driver

Chevrolet S10

wbchevy, 09/28/2006

Fantastic truck, excellent power for this vehicle class, and excellent overall value. This truck provides the perfect combination of form and function, providing good fuel mileage and overall capability. The cabin is quiet and well layed out, providing good room for most all passenger sizes. Overall, I would highly recommend this vehicle as it provides nearly full size capability with compact fuel economy of over 20mpg.

Big Results from a Little Truck

Jay, 08/29/2009

I bought my truck used from a friend who had two trucks. This is a great and dependable truck. I use my truck for work and decided since I was going to school to drive it. I drove from North Carolina to El Paso Texas no issue. The only thing that I did was change the timing belt and started using synthetic oil. Awesome truck!!

Maintenance nightmare

jrhickey, 06/11/2002

I have put 2 alternators, 3 batteries, a power brake booster, an air conditioner compresser/dryer, a wiper motor, a signal flasher, a water pump, a thermostat, a passenger side mirror, and a rearview mirror. Not to mention the normal stuff like brakes, tires, alignment, filters, and fluids. I just turned 80,000 miles. That is only about 16,000 per year. NEVER EVER AGAIN will I buy an S-10 anything. JRH

Great little truck

BigRed3195, 06/16/2008

Love this truck and I would recommend one to anyone. Chevy made a big mistake when they stopped making them. They are very reliable and are a joy to own and drive. Great on gas too, I'm currently getting 30+ mpg on the highway and 25+ mpg city driving. Great performance for a 4-cylinder truck, even when loaded. Easy to modify to. This S10 is the 2nd one that I've owned for a work truck and I have had 3 others for project trucks/ street machines. Love em.

12345...9