Used 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews

Used Monte Carlo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

05 LT 3.8

buckshot, 08/06/2008
LT 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The exterior styling is an acquired taste, but I think it looks great, retro enough to turn heads but not too much. The deep laser blue paint looks great, and has held up very well thus far. Interior is roomy, all controls are easily reached from the drivers seat. The glove box is the only flaw, it isn't fitted tightly enough under the dashboard, and there is an ugly gap. The leather seats are very comfortable, and the heating element does an amazing job. The 3.8l V6 provides OK power, but a v8 with a RWD setup would be best. First gear seems bit sluggish, car would greatly benefit fron a manual trans, or 5 speed auto. handling is OK, the car does roll have body roll, and needs a sway bar.

Dissapointment

stup62, 01/21/2008
LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned this car since July, 2005. Am very disappointed with Chevy. So much so, I am switching brands. I have had Chevys all my life, but never owned a piece of junk like this car. Have had the battery replaced, the power steering pump and belt replaced the steering shaft replaced, (now needs it again), the drivers side seatbelt replaced. Replaced the junk goodyear tires at 24,000 miles, were wore down to the tread bars. Not happy with this car. Wouldn't recommend Chevy to anybody.

2005 Monte

sd74oklahoma, 01/27/2008
LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Blue Ribbon treated me great! The car runs great- of course I take good care of her with regular oil changes and such... Minimal issues all expected with running a car. Very happy.

Awesome car!

Alex Stevenson, 11/27/2010
LS 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as a Certified Used Vehicle from Lithia in Alaska. From the sticker in the trunk and how it got shipped around, with a lack of winterization, I determined it was a rental until its 27000 miles, then was sent around to be sold. Its currently at 58000 miles. The car is great. I love how it doesn't feel cheaply built, I love how the doors are heavy, as with the rest of the car. It sticks to pavement with the greatest of ease. I bought Triple Tread tires for it, and it gets around well in the winters with ice, but I'm sure with Blizzaks it would be a tank. However, its not really a winter car in that respect. The power on the LS isn't that great, and the LS cant be chipped.

poor quality

Steve, 12/02/2004
Supercharged SS 2dr Coupe (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my 2nd car has been a nightmare since the 2nd month. (First car was an 88 chevy pick up still have it) Took delivery, about 2 months later the computer fried, fixed under warranty. I drive it like a grandma for another couple of months, then the brakes go at 9K miles. Bring it to get a punctured tire fixed, they tell me the that the rear tires are bald on the inside; this at under 20K miles. They tell me that the car must have been off alignment from the factory. When you are in a turn and hit a bump, the steering mechanism or a wheel feels like it is going to fall off. Will never buy Chevy or American EVER again. Traded the car in for a Subaru and have not looked back since.

12345...15