Used 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

My dad is Malibu Man
By PrizmGurl

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Over 2.5 years ago, my dad bought a new 2016 Malibu, a burgundy one he named Lucille. So far, with just over 15,000 miles, she's had maintenance and being out of alignment after contact with a curb when she was a year old. Also was part of the recalls on these Malibus.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By Ariele

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT w/1LT 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car brand new less than 2 years ago. Since then, it has been to the shop SIX times for different manufacturing problems with the car. One of them, they had to re-write the entire computer software keeping my car for almost an entire month.

Chevy should be ashamed
By Matt Purkins

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

All the reviews were so positive on this car.....it has been nothing but a lemon since it left the lot. Constantly have the check engine light on for anything from emission sensor to transmission issues. Gas pedal shorted out going 55 mph. Needed pistons replaced at 61,000 (conveniently after the warranty ran out). Stabiltrack goes out but when you turn car off and restart it's fine. It's lost power and died on an interstate twice. Now it's in the shop with electrical issues. Won't stop overheating. Needs a new battery because something is draining it. Starter is fried. The last time I was able to drive it the message screen told me to roll my windows down! GM won't stand behind it....they tell me to talk to the dealer. Dealer says it's between GM and me. I will never own another GM product. Bought because I needed a reliable car with good MPG. It's spent most of the last year in the shop. So disappointed in Chevy and their dealerships.

Don’t change lanes
By A

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan L 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Horrible blind spots, out of town for work had a Malibu on one trip and a Cruze on another, seems like the entire design was to see who could create the biggest blind spot. In the market for a new car, at this point I cannot consider a Chevy product

Multiple recalls and repairs
By KG

2016 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Buyer beware. Since purchasing this car I have gone through two recalls , gear shift replacement, failed brakes (while my son was driving over a bridge) failed solenoids and most recently piston replacement after car decelerated to 20 miles an hour while going 65 miles an hour, putting my life and other drivers lives in danger. The car just now turned over 30,000 miles and it has already being towed three times. Fortunately my lease is up in a year so I can walk away. However I highly doubt the problems are completely over and the remainder of the time could be spent with more repairs. After doing research, this is not an isolated incident by any means. This is a common problem with this vehicle. Take my advice and look elsewhere before you purchase a Malibu. Whether or not I will ever buy another GM product will depend on if they honor my request for a bumper to bumper warranty extension for the remainder of my lease.