Used 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

This car has been nothing but trouble

rjb1012, 06/19/2011

My parents bought this car for me from a friend of my grandma's when I first got my license at 16. It had about 50k miles. Since day one, it has been nothing but a money pit. For the past 3 years, it has gone in the shop at least twice a year for repairs. The first problem that I encountered was that the air condition would always switch to outside air at random, and when it did that, it would shut the air condition off for a couple minutes. Then the next major problem was that the brakes needed to replaced. All this in just the 1st year of owning the car. Next year the brakes were at it AGAIN. This year, the intake gasket needs to be replaced AND the air condition is broken again.

An excellent value

sean258, 04/12/2002

I actually have a 1997 Malibu that I purchased through Enterprise Auto in 1999 (June) I am very happy with the car. I purchased the car with 40000 miles on it and presently it has 78000 on it. I work for the rail road and this car has been as far as Port Washington to Speonk with no problem. It has never let me down.

I love my Malibu!!!!

monica, 04/16/2002

This is actually my 6th car in 12 years. I have had everything from Hondas, Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles, Chevy's, and Fords. I was reluctant to but another Chevy, however, after intensive research I found the Malibu. This car received major good reviews from a lot of car publications. I have had my car for almost a year and I am completely satisfied. I am really hard on cars, especially the brakes, and my car has held up VERY well. I have a fully loaded LS, this was one of the best purchases I have made.

NEW 2002

Jetskiace, 05/02/2002

Just bought our 2002 Malibu and very happy with it.In 1989 bought a Corsica (V6) new and still own with 157,000 miles, bought a new 1992 Chevy S-10 4x4 pick-up(V6) now has 110,000 on it, this is my 3rd new GM car in 13 years, also leased a 1996 S-10 Blazer for 3 years, all great cars/trucks for me. Maintain them and they run for alot of miles, my youngest girl will be driving the Corsica soon and see no reason why we can't see 250,000 miles on it.

Hard to Kill

Brien, 11/25/2008

Bought in '04 w/56000 miles. By November '08, car has 152,000 miles. Maintainence is key to a happy car. Oil changed every 3500 miles on the dot. Driven cross country and in flatlands, got 30+mpg. 25 in higher elevations. All milestone recommended services performed. Intake manifold gasket replaced after reading about class action lawsuit. (Dexcool decision). Waiting on my claim check. Changing seats to leather this week as old seats wore out. Windshield to go after winter due to "sandblasting" on highway. Can't see on sunny days. Car has passed all NY State Emission Inspections legitametly. What a surprise. Looking keep til it hits 200,000 miles or dies. Whichever comes first

12345...21