Used 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...21

Pros
Cons

No one ever writes anything positive

Melissa, 05/06/2010

Overall this has been a great car for me, driven cross country numerous times (Florida to Wisconsin/Wisconsin-Florida) at least 10 round-trips. Traveling for job (1500 miles/week). In it's later years, some more maintenance issues, but with a little prevention, and well cared for it can go. In the 5 years I've owned it, have put $1500 into the car for repairs outside of general maintenance.

best car I've had

mike, 06/29/2005

This is an outstanding car. It's never let me down. A little standard maintenance, and it runs great, handles perfectly, has real pick-up, and the control has gotten me out of scrapes other cars would've never gotten out of (I know; I've had a lot of cars).

2002 Chevy Malibu

dlynnh, 06/19/2014

If anyone has issues with it not starting refer to GM service tech bulletin no 01-08-49-020 concerning the ignition lock cylinder/switch replacement revision dated December 2001. I am so sick of this problem, have contacted GM since they seem to have issues with ignitions, they need to look at this model. According to the local dealer, no recalls never took place. Fear that if it does start and I go somewhere will shut off while on road.

No problems

juan_d, 06/15/2013

bought at 87,000 miles I haven't had any mechanical issues after a year. I drive it almost every day for 100+ miles as a delivery driver. I think the only people that review this car are the ones that are pissed that it isn't working how a car should.

Good Car

ajscott, 10/15/2011

I bought this car with about 110K on it. I've had this car for about 3 years now and it has over 130K on it. So far really nothing has gone wrong with it just needed to fix the gas cap once which was no more than a hundred bucks and the brake pads twice so far. But overall no engine problems. The car drives smoothly but a bit heavy (which I prefer). As long as you get it in for your yearly service nothing should go wrong. It's a great car and will get the job done. Just a little bit of rusting on the body but overall engine sounds great and never anything major. GREAT CAR!!!

12345...21