Used 2002 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Malibu for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great quality car

Mary, 01/11/2006

The interior is very good quality, material on seats very durable. I drove this car as a rental and then bought it when I needed to get a car because I liked it so much. I saw other reviews where they needed brakes after 15K miles, but I just got the front ones replaced at 43K, and the back ones are still OK, so I don't know. Only thing is the intake manifold gasket had to be replaced at 43K, which is sooner than normal on most cars, and I don't know the reason for that but apparently it's common.

Candi's review

CandyHarris, 04/05/2006

Originally I bought it because it had four doors and could accomodate my aging parents comfortably. It did and still does. But it is nice to drive, smooth like a luxury car, yet drives more like my Camaro and has the interior room of a much larger car. I like my Malibu! I just wish I had gotten it in gold instead of green.

Great overall car, very reliable

David, 07/19/2006

I bought this car looking for a car that would start everytime. This car has yet to fail me. With regular scheduled maintnence i have not had to put any additional money into it. The car gets excellent fuel economy for the stress I put it through. I drove 300 miles with 3 other passengers with the AC on 5 the whole time there and i got 29 MPG highway. I thought that was awesome!

Malibu shows its age

dcsc08, 03/06/2007

My Malibu developed ignition problems just after the warranty ran out. Brakes are poorly designed and underpowered. Now at 80000 miles, it developed a cooling leak in the manifold which necessitates that the manifold gaskets be replaced at a cost of over $1200.00

Best car that I ever owned

MV, 05/05/2007

I have covered 105,000 miles in the last 4 and a half years. Never had a single problem except for a plastic handrest breaking during warranty. Changed brakes once and spent $120 for the 100,000 mile service and changed all tires at 95,000 miles. My wife loves Japanese cars but after seeing my Chevy, she switched to GM as well. I am waiting for the 2008 Malibu to upgrade.