Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

Used Impala for Sale
Select your model:
12345...42

Pros
Cons

Stay away from this vehicle

Jason, 10/24/2015
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A nice looking vehicle, very comfortable, lots of storage space, rear seats will not fold down all the way making that feature almost useless. Spent over $5,000 in repair work, Including transmission work, before the car had 60 thousand miles on it. I am extremely disappointed with this vehicle having now dumped over $23,000 in a car that I bought used with 17000 miles on it. I shudder to think what is next. Two other GM vehicles in the past had their motors go bad not due to anything I did. Will not be buying another GM vehicle.

Worst car i have ever owned

Andrew, 09/06/2017
LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

These cars are very cheap but that is for a good reason. They are horrible unreliable cars made with cheap throw away parts. My car had 65000 miles when i bought it in early 2017. Since then i have replaced the starter power steering line (which still leaks) it has multiple oil leaks the transmission is slow to shift and when it does it kicks into the next gear. Motor mounts are made of glass everyone has to be replaced. Do not be fooled by the cheap prices these cars have on the lot. They're cheap for a reason

Run don't walk

dennis139, 01/22/2014
LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this car with 50K on it. We now have 80K. Trans jumps from starts, both right side door lock stopped working, rear window connector burned, now head gaskets leaking, and trans lines leaking. Total cost of repairs is 4000.00 dollars. Car in only worth about 8K. Paint finish is poor, Would not purchase another GM vehicle.

Don't buy this car!

Jeff, 02/27/2018
LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Spend the extra money and buy something of better quality. Chevrolet has outdone themselves with this cheaply made car. I have owned this car for eight years and I bought it with about 30k miles on it. In the time I have owned it I have had every door lock fail, the heat door actuators stripped their gears and caused a loud knocking sound coming from the dash(I've replaced three so far). The electronic accelerator sensor has gone out. The transmission is going out right now. Many many oil leaks from various gaskets failing on the engine itself. I can easily say this car has cost me at least $10,000 in repair costs so far.

Good looking car

puffrooster, 05/17/2009
SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Originally I set out to buy an loaded LTZ with a bench seat, BOSE sound system and sunroof in mocha brown. But after taking the SS model for a spin, just to see what it could do, I was sold. Before purchasing this car I did test drive other sport sedans, all of them costing much more $$, and nothing was funner to drive than the Impala SS! The Jewel (dark cherry) monochromatic, red compliments the car and is worth the extra cost. I added low profile tires & wheels and tinted the windows all around. It's a good looking car and inexpensive to decorate.

12345...42