Used 2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 197 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

4doorSS
By Blake Garrison

2008 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I knew that before buying this car that they came with questionable transmissions but that didn't stop me, the price was perfect and I really wanted a 4 door V8. I bought it used with 130,000 miles and had to change the spark plugs and thermostat and now it runs flawlessly. I bought a K&N cold air intake for a small boost in performance and planning on exhaust in the future. I love the interior and everything about it but if I wanted to be real picky there's a couple of small details that bother me. The car is everything I wanted and then some, but now I'm saving money to buy a Chevy SS.

Don't buy this car!
By Jeff

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Spend the extra money and buy something of better quality. Chevrolet has outdone themselves with this cheaply made car. I have owned this car for eight years and I bought it with about 30k miles on it. In the time I have owned it I have had every door lock fail, the heat door actuators stripped their gears and caused a loud knocking sound coming from the dash(I've replaced three so far). The electronic accelerator sensor has gone out. The transmission is going out right now. Many many oil leaks from various gaskets failing on the engine itself. I can easily say this car has cost me at least $10,000 in repair costs so far.

Poor Reliability
By watsonk

2008 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle in the midst of the GM bankruptcy crisis and got a good deal. However, I have been paying for it since. After 10 years of ownership and 65,000 miles, I replaced the following: steering rack-n-pinion (twice); front wheel outer tie rod (twice); shift box wiring harness (could not shift from parking to drive); vent bend door actuator (hot airflow problem); electric door lock assembly; fuel cap & evaporator vent solenoid (check engine light); gas pedal sensor (engine power reduction light); emergency brake cable & equalizer; rear light bulb kept burning out; very short tire life. It is worse than my 2001 Chevrolet Impala. In my 2001 Impala, it had head coolant gasket leak problem, but not in the 2008 model yet. I do not recommend buying this vehicle used.

Wow ok
By Someone

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This might not be the same for all Chey impalas' out there but I found that the wiring in mine was completely screwed the front actuators are bad and the wires that run from the radio to the speaker are trash. (I'm only focusing on the bad). But it's a desent car that will get you from point a to b

Worst car i have ever owned
By Andrew

2008 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

These cars are very cheap but that is for a good reason. They are horrible unreliable cars made with cheap throw away parts. My car had 65000 miles when i bought it in early 2017. Since then i have replaced the starter power steering line (which still leaks) it has multiple oil leaks the transmission is slow to shift and when it does it kicks into the next gear. Motor mounts are made of glass everyone has to be replaced. Do not be fooled by the cheap prices these cars have on the lot. They're cheap for a reason