Used 2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 216 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

GREAT USED CAR
By romeo russo

2007 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

BOUGHT MY IMPALA AT STARR MOTORS 3+ yrs ago. oil changes and tire rotation has been my only expense. great vehicle.

DON'T EVER BUY THIS CAR!!
By Tabitha

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Over the last 2 years I have spent about $3000 in repairs. The last few months has been the worst. I have had to replace the fuel pump, a.c. compressor, alternator. Fixed multiple different kinds of oil leaks, replaced the engine mounts and now I need to replace the tie rods.Also worth noting both passenger doors now feel like they are not shutting right anymore. This has been a nightmare. I have had it in the shop 4 times in 2 months. It is falling apart at 132k miles. Also the actuator switch causing that horrible clicking inside has been an issue for 4 years. I am over this car. I can't believe how bad. It is. Never buying from Chevy again.

A real review
By Eric

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I actively beat the hell out of my Impala. I have owned it since 09 when it had 30k miles and now has close to 175k. Parts besides regular maintenance that I've had to fix...abs wire, wire for shifting, oil pressure sensor and headlight. Besides brakes and oil changes I have literally spent maybe 30 dollars on maintenance. It does have its cons such as if you're accelerating it falls flat around 55 to 65 then picks up again, interior isn't anything to brag about. I've hit close to 5 deer with my car and ive only had to replace the headlight and pop out dents in the hood and fender, nothing serious. This is a great car and I would have 0 hesitation to drive it to California and back...granted I'd never go to California. In the snow with weight in the trunk it handles very well for a fwd. It's no subaru but you'll get to where you're going.

Probably the most reliable car I've owned
By Andrew

2007 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have 151,000mi on my LT and it's still going strong. I have the ECU and TCM tuned to get the best possible performance/mpg and also to make transmission shifts firmer than how they come from the factory. I've had two very minor issues: the stupid hvac blend door motors I've replaced all of them, and the rear bumper paint has developed bubbles in the clear coat. Otherwise, this is a very good car and with regular maintenance seems like a vehicle I could probably get another 100k miles out of easily. Don't go any longer than 50,000mi between transmission servicing, I do mine like every 30k mi and I use synthetic fluids/oils for everything. This car is literally the embodiment of a GM sedan....easy to work on, cheap to maintain, and performance/reliability/styling that's good enough to make me want to hold onto it.

The car just keeps stealing from me. Run away fast
By Wayne Sherry

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car I bought new off the show room floor and I have yet to get 6 months of trouble free ownership. I have been a Chevy GM. Guy for years 7 Corvettes 4 again off the show room floor loved everyone a 2000 Monte Carlo a 1997 Camaro Z28 30th and edition a 2002 trailblazer a 2000 Tahoe again all brand new. The 07 impala has made me a never a Chevy owner again. The car has had 7 Batteries 5 sets of tires eats them like candy 2 times replaced the Dashboard accauctors the transmission and then the linkage after a batch of batteries the alternator and the wireing went south. The Front Bearings twice now I would like to add that I take care of my cars and have had a few. This 2007 has just turned 100k miles and in 9 years the cost of repairs have exceed the price. Update the sadness continues the exhaust system has failed rusted out power seats have failed also along with motor mounts my mother jokes with me that at the rate I am going I will have a new car. I also forgot to mention the 1st time the paint is awful fading the in sport the roof is as much primer many spots across the car. I also might add I am a clean car nut I have used Zaino products since day 1 used clay bar.the TPS have failed 3 years ago so the car is just a hunk of garbage
Once again RUN From CHEVY if not you will regret it.

No change the drivers side window regulator has failed ever though it has been used 2-3 times pulling into the complex and I could hear the window going down.

About ready for a new car but I am going to keep driving this POS till it falls apart. 29700.00 to buy and now just over 30k in repairs plus the paint is just about falling off the car.

Shame on you General Motors.