Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

My dream car
By Paul

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I found this car on a fluke private seller was asking 350.00 dollars for it all it needed was rocker panels and a thermostat . 139909 miles when I purchased it put new tires on it and it runs like a champ excellent room for 3 car seats in the back dash cluster is the only problem now but I downloaded an app to my phone to take the place of my speedometer so not a big deal everyone I tell about it says I robbed the guy who sold it to me lol been looking for one for a long time and now I have one

The impala walla walla bing bang
By Clark

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car from a private owner who abused the car. It had scratches, scuffs, and a few weird dents (how did you do that). I loved the color (Dark grey mettallic), the rear spoiler, the overall looks and wheelbase for that comfy ride I am always looking for. Got it for $4800.00 in 2011. Insurance is low cause it's considered a family car with only a 3.4L. Great MPG....I get 30/31 highway and 25/27 combined, and around 19 in city. Have replaced water pump, thermostat, rack and pinion steering (possibly from abuse of previous owners). Of course I've had to replace the wear and tear stuff that's normal like brakes, struts (I recommend the dealer struts, not aftermarket like monroe etc.) Had to flush radiator, transmission fluid several times (abuse from previous owners). Bought the car with 78,000 miles on it and now have 150,000 on it. Does not burn one drop of oil. The one thing I hate about the car is when accelerating from a stop (not very often but it does happen) is it shifts with a "Kick" that feels like someone hit you from behind. Mechanics say its a "shifting module in the transmission that needs to be replaced. If I knew it had this I never would have bought the car. Overall...it's ok. Maintain it and it will be a good car for you.

2005 Chevy impala
By Mario

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has got to be one the worst cars I've ever owned . This car has done so much damage to my job life and most of all my wallet . This car when they go every thing goes . I mean everything . Very cheaply made .cars are all made to have problems each and every single one . The sensors on these cars all require replacements all of them after car is about 8 years old . The car litrelllay throw s itself on a death bed .

Best car I've owned so far.
By Bill

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It's a good reliable car that had some common problems. I bought my 05 Impala in 2014, it had 258k on the odometer. Only major problem I had with it was with the shift control solenoid in the transmission, most other problems were minor electrical issues. I still own the car and its still running strong with 302k.

Careful
By Garry Burns

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Be cautious of transmission and stained carpet because blower fan box may have leaked in rain water.