Used 2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific HHR model:

It's not s PT Cruiser!
By Tammy

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I inherited this car from my parents, it would not have been my choice of SUV, as its referred to. It is too small in my opinion to be a SUV . I don't find it spacious enough, I always feel cramped. If a person is in the passenger seat, know that your purse in going in the back seat. The drink holders in between the seats isn't the most convenient place for your cup. My HHR is a 2010 with 55,000 miles on it, low mileage. Haven't had any serious issues with it so far. Made the California to Texas trip without a hitch.

Great car, hate to see it go, very reliable
By Mike

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had zero mechanical issues with car beyond ignition and steering recalls that GM paid for in full. Great on gas. Smooth on the road. Trustworthy little workhorse. Wife totaled it this morning when another driver ran a light and hit the HHR in right front. If we buy another little wagon, we will seek out another. Car had 185k miles on it and we more than got our money's worth on this car.

2010 HHR Lt2 with leather seats
By Catsnout

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LT 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

this is a wonderful little car. I wanted a small car for parking in San Francisco but with lots of storage for all the cat paraphernalia and this is it. The lt2 had the option of leather seats and that's what we got. It's silver with black leather. All it needs are black fenders to complete the look. The engine displacement is the larger 2.4 L giving it 172 HP.

Where do I start
By Shane M.

2010 Chevrolet HHR Wagon LS 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

bought my 2010 HHR in 2010 went through 3 ignition switches (luckily recalled) then the car Cam Shaft Advance sensor went out. Was told by dealership 680 dollars to repair, reason was there are three and they cannot tell which one went out so they have to replace all three. Power steering issues, started my car and put in reverse the whole front end start lurching and jumping. The cooling fan on a 4 year old car threw a blade and was out of balance 380 dollars. 4 years and here are the issues I have dealt with out of pocket, water pump <-- 350.00 dollars. Alternator 760.00 (they have to remove engine mounts and then insure they do not break the other mounts to replace the alternator. 2 Turn signal switches they fail to turn off (400.00). Master Power window Switch ( would only roll down Driver side window) went to roll down window one morning and heard a pop.....all four windows rolled all the way down no switch was responsive. 189.00 repair. Driving down the road car had no power (on a highway) look down and to do 55 mph I had to have 4800 RPM. Take to dealer. 1789.00 Transmission repair car with ONLY 48,000 miles on it But wait, when this happens to the transmission it messes with your ABS and it starts grinding your car will overheat ABS, Brake Lights and Stability Control System all start flashing. The Air Bag Light comes on intermittently they cannot find issue. The speakers to the stereo work WHEN they want....rears never work now... I do not know about the person who says do not listen to those having issues we are just complaining, well we have a right too.....this POS has cost me in 6 month over 4 thousand dollar. I bought it new...and it has been a ROLLING CATASTROPHE since. I will NEVER buy another GM and H*** will freeze over before I do.....contacted GM and all they wanted to do for me was give me a 500.00 Certificate towards purchasing another GM Catastrophe.....NO WAY!!!!!

Nimble retro wagon
By Nomadic HHR

Model: (Not Listed by Edmund's dropdown),
2LT (running boards, trim, e-options), 2.2l Flex-fuel Automatic.

E85 fuel really boosts power and performance, but MPG drops.
I bought this GM Certified from a Dealership;
formerly a Hertz rental with 14K miles on it.

Nimble, economical, safe, & stylish 'retro' wagon.
Low profile tires, average ride quality, good handling FWD.
Fairly good winter handling in snow;
very low first gear; great for slow trawling in traffic jams.

Removed rear headrests for better vision. Glass tends to fog up inside some.
This one has OnStar, Bluetooth, Sirius radio, on-board plug-ins.
With the front (passenger) seat folded forward and rear seats down- a sleeper.
Could use a sunroof, outside vent lets in heated air off hood.
Seems impossible to find a factory rear cargo space privacy cover.

Spare "donut" and jack, etc. buried under cargo storage tray in rear.
Headlight replacement is a special job, on-line lesson avail or use WalMart for $20 total.
If you let the battery die, U won't be able to do much with the doors or shifter
and won't be able to access the rear compartment battery (electric rear hatch release).
Module in engine compartment used to administer a 'boost'