Used 2019 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Equinox for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

I'm Sold

JHugh, 12/29/2018
LT 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've spent months test driving vehicles, researching, and it looks like the 2019 Equinox is going to be the one. First off, I'm coming from a F-150 with a big V8, so I know what adequate power feels like. The 1.5L is perfectly adequate for accelerating; it was tested in highway merging and residential traffic conditions. Out of all the SUV's I tested it was the only one that felt like it responded as needed. The quiet engine and transmission shifting is simply the smoothest in this class. The back seats are super comfy even in the lowest trims. The only negatives for me: 1)the back cargo space is smaller than others. However, it does have a neat hidden cargo space above the spare. 2)I don't desire adaptive cruise control myself but I do believe lane assist and blind spot warning should come standard on all cars at this point without an upcharge. Technology features are superb, clear info screen and enough USB ports. I think if you cross shop and test all the SUV's in this class, you'll see what a wonderful vehicle the Equinox is.

Back to Chevrolet

Mark J Girard, 02/16/2019
LT 4dr SUV (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Drove 2 imports for 15 years and since I own a classic 1970 Chevrolet Monte Carlo and a 2001 Tahoe I decided to give Chevy another try. I test drove 8 four seaters and a couple 6 seaters and settled on the Equinox. I got the smaller engine on a LT model because it would takes weeks to get a 2.0 in an LT. The Premier is very nice but kind of expensive for all of the gadgets. The 1.5 Turbo has good to excellent exceleration and I am use to my Tahoe that has a V8. The two imports we had were dogs on exceleration, both did 80 mph very well but getting there was a chore. The Equinox rides well and has comfortable seats but I will agree there is a lot of plastic in the interior. Electronics works well and the engine on/off is very efficient but there should be a turn off switch too. After a month an half with the new Equinox we are very pleased and would highly recommend one to all drivers.

I STILL LOVE MY CHEVY EQUINOX after 2 years

Tommy Vee, 02/23/2019
LT 4dr SUV AWD (1.5L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Nothing has changed about my review below, from 2 years ago. DO NOT listen to the negative comments from the critics in car magazines and online about this Equinox. The 1.5 - 4 cylinder turbo engine is GREAT. I wanted this engine and did not want the 2.0. I was looking for an SUV that rides well and is fuel efficient. I am very happy. I am getting a lot better mileage than my last SUV. My Equinox rides very well, the seats are very comfortable, and there's plenty of room inside. I do not need the navigation system. I am using the Android app on my cell and I now use Waze on the screen. My only complaint is that I wish the warranty lasted longer than 3 years/36,000 miles. This is my 1st GM car since my 1988 Firebird. I went with foreign cars after the Firebird and now I am back with GM. I also wish they had a auto dimming rear view mirror.

Great Smaller SUV

Jim, 11/06/2019
LT 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I have been a pickup owner for 25 years, so I was a little reluctant to buy an SUV. I bought my Equinox in Jan 2019 and couldn’t be more impressed with it. I test drove the 1.5 liter engine which felt very sluggish and underpowered. I ended up with the 2.0 liter turbo which is fantastic. Great gas mileage and more than enough power. Living in Omaha, Nebraska I chose the all wheel drive and it performs great in the snow. March 2019 I was able to drive through 18 inches of unplowed snow with no problem. The AWD can be turned off when not needed and it gives you about 1 more mpg. I’ve heard a lot about the start stop engine and have not had a problem with it. Many people want to have an on/off switch but I have gotten use to it. My main concern is how long will the starter last with the extra cycles put on it. All in all I really enjoy this SUV. I recommend it. My Equinox is an LT Cloth AWD with the 2.0 liter turbo.

For features and ride, well worth the price

Russell Thomas, 03/10/2019
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

In 2017 I leased an Equinox Premier. The car was fine, but the 2.0 liter engine was a bit sluggish. So when the lease ended, I opted for the 2019 Equinox Premier, with the 2.0 liter turbo,engine. There are no more pickup problems. The car accelerates well, better than most comparable vehicles. The ride is smooth and quiet. Gas mileage is a touch better than the 2017. Best of all, the car is fun to drive. In front wheel drive mode it corners and maneuvers well, and with the push of a button, you have the increased traction and control of all wheel drive. The convenience and driver safety features are first-rate, the nine speaker Bose sound system is phenomenal, and I get a particular kick out of the wireless smartphone charging pad. It's true that the Premier model is a little pricy, but the features are well worth the price. It's all but certain that I will buy the car when the lease ends.

12345...10