2017 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

My 2017 Chevy Equinox pros and cons
By Sandra Gallagher

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am currently leasing a 2017 Chevy Equinox. I drive 60 miles every work day. What I LOVE about the SUV is the heated seats, sitting up higher than other vehicles, and the back-up camera (although the camera lens gets dirty too easily). I also like the way it rides. Quite comfortable for a larger vehicle. What I HATE are the WAY TOO MANY buttons on the control panel which requires you to take your eyes off the road too often and for too long a period of time when you want to check something or change a setting. None of this is convenient for the driver! I'd be happier with a simple sliding control knob to turn my heat up and down. I also HATE the fact that the heater/vent/air info does not stay up on the screen. In order to see where your heat or air is set you need to hit a button to bring the info back up on the screen.....again and again. I also HATE the location and lack of adjusting ability of the drivers side vents. The one by the door is practically useless! You can't turn it up high enough to feel the air on your face. The other one blows air around the steering wheel. And what's this bull about no longer installing CD players??? One more thing.....I am 5’4” and every time I get into the drivers seat I have to bend my head down and to the left or else I hit my head. Would I consider another Equinox in the future? Only if they offer one without all the computerized stuff that I don't need!

First time I have bought the same vehicle twice.
By Julie M.

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fleet 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2011 Equinox LT that I traded in for a 2017. I wanted the same body style I had - before the 2018 redesign. I found a gently used fleet vehicle they classified as LT w/ 1LT. It's loaded. Heated seats, temperature control, running lights, etc. Don't need all that, but it is fun to have. I'm getting 29.1 mpgs commuting, which is better than the 2011. Can't wait to see what it does on the highway on a long trip! I like the Equinox so much I've bought two of them now. It's the perfect size for my needs. It gets me from point A to point B safely and in comfort and all the tall people in my family can fit in this vehicle. 6' 3" inches in the back seat, no problem. I have back issues and the seats in these vehicles are wonderful. I can go long distances with no discomfort. It is easy to get in and out of and I have plenty of room to move and haul anything and everyone. Plenty of room for the pets and crates too. It may not be the perfect vehicle for everyone, but it's the perfect vehicle for me. I love my Equinox!

Worst car I’ve ever driven.
By Youngah

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Recalls on recalls on recalls, dealerships not doing anything and breaking more things every visit, blaming problems on the gas station (who did quality testing and found no issues), just an over unsafe car and no one to help fix it because it is literally garbage. Do not buy. You will hate your life every day until you can get out of your lease, which they will be sure to give you hell for.

Brakes fail 2 times
By Jei

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Lease the car and after 9000 miles the master cylinder of the brakes fail and i almost got in a accident but thanks to a little hill i manage to slow down the car . dealer fix it but after 852 miles the brakes fail again . this time to avoid and accident i had to go in the grass and almost hit a building... The dealer say to me .. IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN WE WILL GIVE YOU A DIFFERENT CAR BUT TILL THEN YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT....maybe next time i wont be lucky .. ...... DONT BUY THIS CAR PLEASE

Retirement Car Not!
By Sherri T.

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

First of all, I love 98% of my new 2017 Chevy Equinox. I have been a Ford person all my life. But, in researching for a new car, we found the Equinox had everything we wanted at a lower price. However, there are two things that I don't like about my new car. The first thing is the car tank on the passenger side. I bought this car to be my retirement car. I wanted to have my car paid for before I retire and have time to enjoy the ride. But I don't find it to safe if I am alone to get out of my car to go around to the other side to pump gas. Please make all new cars with gas tanks on driver's side. I also had the opportunity to ride in the back seat. I didn't realize that there were no air conditioning vents in the back. When having " hot flashes ", you need air. The passengers up front were freezing so we could get enough air in the back! Please make sure that there are air vents in the back for passengers! I have learned that the 2018 Chevy Equinox have these things corrected. Looks like I needed to research a little more for my retirement car!