2017 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Very good suv for cost
By JT

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We are very happy with our Equinox. It is a good looking vehicle and reliable.

Ritzy review
By Lisa keats

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fleet 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Staff at miller Ford burlington very curious and professional trustworthy people hats off to Ken hanson

Love,Love,Love My Car!
By Lillian R Bartman

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2013 Equinox in 2014 and loved that car. Never had any trouble with it what so ever so we recently bought a beautiful black 2017. In winter we go on a month long trip. My husband takes his golf clubs,his bicycle (broken down) and enough other things we would need for a month vacation. I feel the cargo space is plenty big enough for our needs. Though I’m not discounting the negative comments there are plenty of Equinox on the highway to the point that my husband and I count the number we see when we are on errands. Based on that I would say there are a great many happy Equinox owners and this is the only model car that we have bought twice so we are also happy,happy with our purchase.

My 2017 Chevy Equinox pros and cons
By Sandra Gallagher

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am currently leasing a 2017 Chevy Equinox. I drive 60 miles every work day. What I LOVE about the SUV is the heated seats, sitting up higher than other vehicles, and the back-up camera (although the camera lens gets dirty too easily). I also like the way it rides. Quite comfortable for a larger vehicle. What I HATE are the WAY TOO MANY buttons on the control panel which requires you to take your eyes off the road too often and for too long a period of time when you want to check something or change a setting. None of this is convenient for the driver! I'd be happier with a simple sliding control knob to turn my heat up and down. I also HATE the fact that the heater/vent/air info does not stay up on the screen. In order to see where your heat or air is set you need to hit a button to bring the info back up on the screen.....again and again. I also HATE the location and lack of adjusting ability of the drivers side vents. The one by the door is practically useless! You can't turn it up high enough to feel the air on your face. The other one blows air around the steering wheel. And what's this bull about no longer installing CD players??? One more thing.....I am 5’4” and every time I get into the drivers seat I have to bend my head down and to the left or else I hit my head. Would I consider another Equinox in the future? Only if they offer one without all the computerized stuff that I don't need!

First time I have bought the same vehicle twice.
By Julie M.

2017 Chevrolet Equinox LT Fleet 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had a 2011 Equinox LT that I traded in for a 2017. I wanted the same body style I had - before the 2018 redesign. I found a gently used fleet vehicle they classified as LT w/ 1LT. It's loaded. Heated seats, temperature control, running lights, etc. Don't need all that, but it is fun to have. I'm getting 29.1 mpgs commuting, which is better than the 2011. Can't wait to see what it does on the highway on a long trip! I like the Equinox so much I've bought two of them now. It's the perfect size for my needs. It gets me from point A to point B safely and in comfort and all the tall people in my family can fit in this vehicle. 6' 3" inches in the back seat, no problem. I have back issues and the seats in these vehicles are wonderful. I can go long distances with no discomfort. It is easy to get in and out of and I have plenty of room to move and haul anything and everyone. Plenty of room for the pets and crates too. It may not be the perfect vehicle for everyone, but it's the perfect vehicle for me. I love my Equinox!