Skip to main content

$27,100

Save as much as $887
Select your trim:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Good Budget Truck

Mormandy, 12/07/2020
2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After two weeks with my Colorado LT 4 door V6 I can say that I really like the truck. PRO: Smooth, very quiet ride, no rattles. You sit up as high allowing for a great view. Great ground clearance, class-leading bed space and economy, strong engine V6. Great infotainment system and great sounding standard speakers / stereo. CON: Minimal knee space / leg room front and back. I've hit my knee on the lighting switch a few times and I really have to watch it when I get in (horrid location for that switch). Seats are a bit on the stiff side but not bad enough to be a problem. The headlights are pathetically weak, some of the worst out there. I purchased a full set of high and low beam LEDs from Alla, installed them myself, and that made a world of difference. Consider this a mandatory $139 upgrade if you like to see at night. Brake pedal started out a bit soft but nearing 750 miles it has begun to feel a bit more solid (the brakes do get the job done). Overall interior materials are cheap, and experience tells me that the type of long plastic air vents used here will break over time being moved around (I'm very gentle with them as a result). The HVAC blower is absurdly loud on the highest setting, but it does move a lot of air turned up that high and noise isn't an issue on lower settings. It may sound like I have a lot of negatives there for four stars, but overall I'm happy with the truck and understand that there's a reason that it costs 8-9 grand less than a similarly set up Silverado. The money here was clearly put into building a strong work-horse that rides as smooth and quietly as a luxury car, all in a shorter / thinner package (it's still quite tall). That came at the expense of cheaper interior components and knee space, but I'm OK with the balance Chevy struck here.

9 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the Chevrolet Colorado
View Offers
Chevrolet.com

Riding High In Style

Fast Fly Freddy, 12/15/2020
2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Went from a Silverado Crew Cab to a 2021 Colorado Crew Cab and so far it was a great move for several reasons much better gas mileage easier to drive I am 80 years old little easier to get in and out of. You lose some room in the backseat but it’s a little easier in the front area too reach the glove box. So far so good with the trade you can’t beat Chevy that’s for sure. Very pleased.

Noisy

Jeff B, 11/05/2020
updated 01/19/2021
2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my Colorado for a month. It’s been in the shop for almost 2 weeks out of the month. The a/c compressor sounds like a jet plane. The truck has a vibration during highway speeds and really noticeable during deceleration. They tell me it’s normal. I traded a 2013 tacoma with a hundred thousand miles that didn’t have these problems. I love the style of the truck but there has to be some design flaws somewhere. I’m a certified diesel mechanic and this stuff just isn’t right. Now they want me to test drive another one to show me it’s normal. I drove 2 last week and neither made these noises. But because they were not the exact same model that doesn’t count. Well I went and drove another LT model that was just delivered. Not only did this truck have the vibration but it also had a wining noise that sounded like a siren coming from either the transmission or rear end. Was told by the lead technician at RK in Virginia Beach va that this truck sounds like the carrier bearing was bad. Colorado’s do not have carrier bearings. But these are the same people that tell me the vibrations in my truck are normal operating procedures of this vehicle. What a real joke. I have since hired a lawyer. Do yourself a favor, do not buy the Colorado. I regret I ever did.

Build Your 2022 Colorado
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 4 Trims
  • 6 Packages
  • $25,200starting MSRP
Build & PriceChevrolet.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

5 out of 5 stars

Sharp truck and performing well

PhilW, 03/25/2021
2021 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Had my 2021 Z71 for a month now and have 900 miles on it. Very comfortable ride, good acceleration when I want it, quiet, infotainment works well, ample space in the bed, and getting about 24 mpg. My complaints are already documented - could use a blind spot monitoring system and I'd like a homelink garage door opener buttons. Overall I highly recommend the truck.

Just a pretty face

Pop Palermo, 04/28/2021
2021 Chevrolet Colorado LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is certainly a very attractive truck but it sort of stops there. Fit and finish is poor. Interior is a profile in cheapness. Noises heater and AC fan. Air bag light comes on rendering the bags useless. There is no center headrest in back seat or viable and accessible hookup for child’s restraint seat. Overall little to know safety features. Carpet pulled apart. Doors hard to close. Power window on driver side binds. This truck build does not reflect well for an American builder.