Used 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Typical GM mediocrity

Steven L, 12/17/2018
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I waited two months for a 2017 with the 8 speed automatic transmission and I was sorry, Transmission struggles up shifts on hills. GM has to learn to build a better vehicle than their competition.

disapointed

Jim Schimon, 11/22/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am not a big man And the wife isn't a big women and the font seating is cramped

GREAT TRUCK EXCEPT,,,

ct yankee, 03/08/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was torn between a Colorado & a Tacoma but after a lot of research, pricing etc I settled on the Colorado. I really love the truck and I think I made the right choice. I have one issue that I just cant get over. I have a rear defroster but no heated outside mirrors. I just don't get it!!!!

Badass truck

Steven Newman, 06/18/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great midsize truck, looking forward to owning for a long time

New

george reinbold, 08/14/2017
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

So far so good

2017 chevy lemon zr2

1sR0s, 03/13/2018
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

two weeks after buying this truck I started having problems. problem #1 a solenoid that controls the cylinder cut off for fuel mileage went out. Had it replaced. #2 a few weeks after that engine light started flashing randomly. sometimes when the engine light would flash traction control and stabilatrak would turn off and Id get a service stabilitrak alert on screen. Other times just the engine light would flash. This went on for weeks. Id take it to the dealership they would keep It for a few days and drive it and couldn't figure it out. after the fifth time taking it to them It had a code on it for # 3 cylinder not firing. They replaced the coil pack and It hasn't done it since. Now the transmission Is making noise when holding my speed at certain speeds as if it is upshifting and downshifting at the same time. Bought truck at the end of Dec its only march. Also the fuel mileage is only averaging at 13mpg in town. sticker said16-18. I drove it on an hour trip last weekend it barely got 16 in the interstate. this truck is a nice looking piece of JUNK!

Perfect truck for me!

Toni, 06/30/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 5.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this truck new in April, 2017, it’s been perfect! Gets great mileage, and tows without any issues. It’s just the right size, easy to drive and park. It has a lot of power. I’m very happy with my choice.

Sporty 2017 Colorado

Dusty, 10/01/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Love this Truck, the handling, fuel mileage, comfort and best looking mid size truck way to go Chevy !!!

Transmission problems

Gary, 12/08/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Before I bought the Colorado I had read several reviews about problems with the transmission. Mainly the Shutter valve or the torque converter. I bought a 2017 with 30,000 miles. The truck had recently been to the dealer and they replaced the shutter valve because the previous owner noticed slipping. I have similar problems in the mornings when I first put it in reverse. It slips a little and then seems to be okay. My main problem is hard shifting, Sometimes shifting up but mostly shifting down. When slowing down at a stop sign it will shift hard into the next gear. I have had it to a dealer and he wouldn't do anything. Not even a diagnostic. They said the transmission does not have history. That is a lie. I took it to my personal mechanic and he hooked it up and showed me the history. Chevy told me there were letters out stating customers had problems with hard shifting but that it wouldn't effect the life of the transmission. Seriously??? I love this truck and only hope it doesn't go out right after the 60K warranty

51050