Used 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Transmission problems

Gary, 12/08/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Before I bought the Colorado I had read several reviews about problems with the transmission. Mainly the Shutter valve or the torque converter. I bought a 2017 with 30,000 miles. The truck had recently been to the dealer and they replaced the shutter valve because the previous owner noticed slipping. I have similar problems in the mornings when I first put it in reverse. It slips a little and then seems to be okay. My main problem is hard shifting, Sometimes shifting up but mostly shifting down. When slowing down at a stop sign it will shift hard into the next gear. I have had it to a dealer and he wouldn't do anything. Not even a diagnostic. They said the transmission does not have history. That is a lie. I took it to my personal mechanic and he hooked it up and showed me the history. Chevy told me there were letters out stating customers had problems with hard shifting but that it wouldn't effect the life of the transmission. Seriously??? I love this truck and only hope it doesn't go out right after the 60K warranty

It was OK til...it left us stranded in a snowstorm

Andres J. , 12/21/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

With less than 30K miles we her to take it to the dealer with a busted oil pump in the middle of a snowstorm. Deneker, the closest dealership, in Middlebury, was great. AAA took 1 1/2 hours to to arrive. Still at the shop but they gave us a Trax loaner. Wouldn't buy nor lease a Chevy again. I should have leased the TACOMA.

Great Truck with 2 minor issues...

JS, 12/15/2017
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great truck all around-mostly satisfied for now. I’ve been driving 90% of the time in the city and getting around 19mpg. I bought the truck in October 2017. I came from a vehicle that had push button start and keyless entry...taking some time to get used to the old way of having to get the fob out of my pocket to unlock and insert to start the truck. I admit that’s probably a bit picky but for a 38K truck in 2017...why? The 2nd issue is the nav screen...it worked correctly for a week and then on the map screen everything shifted up 1/4 of the screen. (So it’s cut off...can’t see the whole map) I took it in to get it checked out and was told it’s probably a software update issue but that my truck was up to date. “Check back at your first oil change” :/ I’m about a month away from needing that soooo we shall see. Overall: I’m very pleased, it’s checked off all of my boxes for a mid size truck.

2017 Z71 3.6 direct fuel injection 8 spd 4 wd crew

Dennis, 08/10/2017
Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Down sized from 1500 Silverado 4 wheel drive crew. Was amazed with smooth and quiet ride. As good as the Silverado. Only have 2500 miles on it and average 25 plus mpg. Bose sound system with nav, heated seats. I'm 6' and leg room is no issue. Will definitely buy again.

So far so good

Nel M., 11/06/2017
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I recently purchased this truck. I have done some light off road but for the most part, it's on the pavement as a daily driver. I'm still getting to know the truck but so far so good!! Here are some things I wish the truck had: 1. Rock sliders that are attached to the frame and instead of the body. I also wished the sliders protruded out so they can double as steps. 2. It would be nice to have a 110v power outlet and an on board air compressor. 3. A power sliding rear window. 4. More anchor points in the truck bed. 5. More grab handles!! The driver does not have a grab handle on the A pillar. I would like to have one to use getting in the vehicle. Passenger grab handles about the windows would be nice. 6. A better blind spot mirror in the driver side. The passenger side could also use one. 7. Provisions for auxiliary light switches for ADDITIONAL off road lights. The one button incorporated in the rotary knob for the head lights is RIDICULOUSLY SMALL! It's a joke! 8. Accessories that are compatible with the light bar that is bolted to the truck bed. Because of this light bar, I can't install a tool box or tonneau cover . These little things would make this truck more utilitarian and better than most.

not a nissan/traded off in 3 wks only 423 miles

pam, 01/25/2018
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

we have now owned 4 nissan frontiers,. we bought the 2017 colorado dec 28, 2017 crew cab. after owning it for a week with less than 100 miles check engine light came on. had to have purge valve replaced. cab keeps fogging up, seats were not comfortable, my husband did not care that you could not tell if you were in 4 wheel drive unless in a dark room at midnight with the lights off to even see the little dot to show what you are in. the nissan shows the 4 wheels in the dash. he did not like the sound of the engine or transmission but reading the manual i guess that is the way it is. he also does not like the gas cap if that is what you want to call it,. the ideas of no cap and water and ice could get in to gas tank, and also gas lid wont seal correctly. it is a sharp looking truck but not for us. we traded back to a 2017 nissan frontier ( our 4th since 2012) with more options than the colorado and we love it. we did get a good deal since we deal with the same nissan dealer so we didnt loose out butt in the deal. seats are more comfortable, easier in and out. user friendly also with the "infotainment center" the colorado is a sharp looking vehicle and that is it. we have owned gm products before but were very disappointed in this one. we maybe thought of in a few years of trading my rogue in a an equinox... but no way!!!!.

GEEK /WOMAN TRUCK

Army Mustang, 05/21/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Would not buy as a work truck, to much Tech, on steering wheel, too many Bells- Whistles, has it geeked up and jucked up as a work truck, Also the 2.5 4 cyl. is a lie for advertised gas milage, I tried everything in the world on test ride home and could not squeeze over 22 mpg out of it, I think the only way you could get more is coasting down a mountain, or being towed behind a bigger truck!

Trans Shudder

Rob, 10/18/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

At least I got to 30k before mine started shuddering. Wish it would have been sooner so I’d actually get a decent value for a trade....first new Chevy experience not good

touchy

mary lou, 09/21/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

If you are short or disabled ,this truck is difficult to enter and exit due in part to the design of the front seats! The passenger side grab bar is to far forward.there needs to be an additional grab bar for the passenger !

What is up with the transmission

Richard, 03/28/2019
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.1 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a 2017 with 7000 miles and the transmission is incredibly bad. Have had to have it flushed to eliminate shuddering and now it shifts horribly for a truck with so few miles on ii. It jerks in to gear when accelerating/decelerating in city traffic. Shakes at 80 mph. I cant believe GM hasnt made a recall on this awful transmission. i have read a lot from other owners complaining about the same thing on many Chevy forums.

51050