Used 2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Colorado for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Junk

Tom, 10/22/2018
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought my 2017 Chevy Colorado new in 2017. Love the look and the way it drives, when it’s not in the shop! After 6,000 miles, the bearings in the differential went bad. After 7500 miles, the torque converter, major shuddering. After 8500, the bearings in the differential, again.

Shaking

Jerome, 08/03/2018
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have 7 of these trucks in our fleet and 5 of them have been at the dealership for shaking st highway speeds. They even changed the drive shaft on one and rebuilt the rear end on another. The engine performance is very nice but the transmission will send you to the chiropractor. My neighbor has a 2016 Z71 and he cannot drive it on the highway because of the shaking. Chevy really needs to look at this problem, we will be looking at the new Ranger when released.

Catchy Title

Jim Spear, 06/08/2017
Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Wanted a truck with no real frills, but was surprised by the work truck features. Very happy over-all. Hey survey writers - kind of hard to judge reliability, maintenance costs, and resale values of a new vehicle - ask me again in ten years.

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Diesel

CLIFFORD MOORE, 10/15/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This auto has preformed above expectations. Great diesel engine, mpg above 30 . Comfort and ride is very good.

I love my little Colorado!

RebelsWingman, 05/09/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

In the beginning, I researched the Colorado with the diesel option. From late 2015 until March of 2017 I looked for any information about this truck that I could find. I ended up in March of 2017 purchasing a black 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 crew cab, short bed, four wheel drive with the diesel option. I have had many positive comments from total strangers, it's a real head turning pickup. The driver information center tracks constant 50 mile loops as for fuel mileage, I have turned in my highest mpg of 33 miles to a gallon. I chose the diesel option because I pull a 19 foot, center console, deep V fishing boat behind it. It handles the boat and all my belongings very nicely. I will have to admit that I have gone with an aftermarket tune and cold air intake for the truck, it has increased horsepower by approximately 60 horses and 100 foot pounds of torque. As for the cons; price is too much, warranty is too short, and at this price there should be rear seat ventilation. But overall, I love my little Colorado!

Drives great, quality suspect, interior poor

Mr. R D, 10/12/2017
Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

PROS: Handling and driving is smooth, comfortable and car-like, nicest driving truck I have ever owned (out of Toyotas and Fords). The exterior is a head turner. Stereo is fantastic, loud and full, sounds great. 8" touchscreen is nice and very responsive (unlike Ford's sync which is slow and laggy), but is just average, no big bells & whistles & menus can get a little deep and hard to set up items. CONS: On-Star is a joke and most features look to be worthless if you don't pay the On-Star subscription. To use On-Star navigation, you have to call them and tell a rep over the phone where you want to go. There is no map, only an arrow and a mileage countdown before a turn...a little bummed out I didn't get a real nav system. I let On-Star cancel itself because it sucks. Carplay & Google drive are also worthless & too much hassle to use. The back-up camera does not have an audible tone to warn you of distance to an object, only gridlines. The "dial" for 2wd & 4wd is in an awkward spot to the left and below the steering wheel. The worst is probably the interior, (even on the Z71) which is filled with cheapest plastic panels, handles, knobs & trim. The eyeglass holder and seat controls feel like they will break due to the thin plastic. The gray interior color on the seats looks more like a blue color, so you get a bluish on gray and black interior...funky. Interior design is ridiculous. With a compact truck, storage and use of space is everything. Every single cup holder is ridiculously small. The door pockets are USELESS, unless you are storing lipstick or pencils. The cup holders in the door are too small and angled weird so any drink you place in it is angled forward. Rear under seat storage in the crew cab is dismal. Why could they not make it a "box" like so many aftermarket storage systems? Speaking of, there are no aftermarket underseat systems available like the full size trucks. Interior lighting placement is bad. Power seats are limited to how you can position them. The key fob and ignition key are two different pieces (why can't the key be integrated into the fob like everyone else?). Quality: Had lots of loose and or broken trim pieces on both exterior and interior that needed to be replaced upon delivery of the truck from the factory (window control housing, fog lamp trim, wheel well trim). Within first 200 miles got DEF warning lights about the diesel fluid quality and warnings that the vehicle would be restricted to 65 MPH max if the problem was not resolved....I was in the middle of the desert..... At 500 miles the transmission would not shift beyond 3rd gear. Dealer claims a manufacturing defect/metal shavings stuck in the valve body. For a small, $36k+ truck, I would expect way better interior quality, standard options and quality control overall. Not even LED tail or headlights. After a year and almost 6k miles, I am still disgusted with the cheap interior and lack of interior storage. Also wish I had a little more cabin room. Probably should have gone with a Silverado, but I wanted the fuel economy of the diesel. Still only getting around 21 mpg combined. My driving situation changed from daily long freeway hauls to short around town driving right after I bought this truck :-( so I am not getting the fuel economy I was expecting/needing when I purchased this. In short, I feel a little ripped off with the quality/features vs price. After reading reviews I am worried at what is waiting for me down the road and a few more miles with this truck after it is out of warranty. Will most likely pass this truck off to one of my kids and get something else in a few years.

Nice Truck

OleMiss, 05/16/2019
LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.2 ft. SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have the 2WD, Colorado LT Crew Cab with the V6 and the eight speed automatic transmission. It's a short bed, but couldn't find the option on the review choices. I have in the past owned full size and compact Toyotas, Fords, Nissans, Mazda's, and even an old Chevy Luv truck. I test drove the Ridgeline (3,500 towing), Tacoma (under powered/uncomfortable) , and Frontier (dated/gas mileage) before buying this truck, and I'm very happy with my purchase. I noted what drove me away from the other trucks. I also only looked at smaller trucks because I didn't need a full size truck. I have had the truck for over two years now. I have had zero problems. I just finished towing a 6-12 U-Haul trailer that was loaded full. I towed it about 500 miles, and it handled hauling very well. I do like the tow haul mode. Even when I was pulling it uphill, it would easily increase speed if required. I got 15 mpg hauling the trailer, but I normally average about 22 mpg in mixed driving. I measured this by leaving my trip odometer tracking the mpg's from one oil change to another. On the highway I get around 25 and the city around 20 in the city. I go about 5000 miles between oil changes. I have also hauled my friend's boat that weighs around 5,500 pounds, and it easily launched and pulled his boat out of the water. That's something his base Dodge full size truck struggles to do. So far, I really like the truck, but it is hard to get away from my adult daughter. She is always using it, and doesn't want to give it back. The truck handles very well and is quiet and comfortable on longer trips. My whole family is height challenged, and can easily reach anything I need to do. I noticed at stop lights that the truck sits higher, and is about as long as, many older full size trucks. I have the 18" wheels, so I put some running boards on the truck to help us to get in and out of the truck. Overall, I can't knock anything about the truck. If you don't need a full size truck, this is a great choice. It's easy to maneuver, park, get better gas mileage, and it does 90% of what a base full size truck can do. I think that Chevy hit a home run with this truck.

2017 Colorado z71

Bill, 10/17/2018
Z71 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Third time my truck is in the shop for transmission shudder. This time to replace the torque converter. Just turned 5,600 miles. Dealership told me this most likely will not solve the problem as they have seen them returned. Yeah that makes you feel proud to own a Chevy Colorado, only thing going through my mind is to unload this truck the day it comes out of the shop. New truck that I actually loved and babied that to me now is GM trash. Dealership mentioned that maybe after the first of the year they may have a fix. Yeah ok in the mean time I guess it’s the customers choice to keep driving and shaking till more serious issues arise when the warranty expires it appears.

Great so far -- But it's brand new

Matthew White, 06/16/2017
LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love the pickup. But it's brand new so I can't really comment on reliability or anything significant. Storage is an issue. I wish there were more or deeper compartments in the back like what you see in some Silverado models. A bed compartment like what is on the Ridgeline would be great as well. But that's an issue with most pickups and it's closer competitor, the Tacoma, doesn't have those either. I didn't think the Apple Car Play would be all that important to me. But now that I have it, I use it a lot and wouldn't dream of not having it -- especially in CA where handling your phone while driving is now a legal issue. Acceleration doesn't seem that impressive by the feel of it. But it's really just so smooth that I hardly notice the acceleration. I find myself going 70 when I think I'm only going 55 as I'm trying to merge onto the freeway. So it's probably good even if not really impressive. Haven't towed with it yet.All in all, I love it. If I still love it in 10 years, then I'll feel more comfortable giving it 5 stars.

Disappointed

Bob D, 10/27/2018
ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Transmission shudder 3 times in 10,000 miles didn't pay$ 46,000 for a midsize truck that was in the shop more than i drove it , the ZR2 is a awesome looking truck but very disappointed after the 3rd time had to get rid of it gm can kiss my ass. Owned gm trucks for the last 15 yrs that one was my last.

51050