2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Colorado model:

Shaking
By Jerome

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have 7 of these trucks in our fleet and 5 of them have been at the dealership for shaking st highway speeds. They even changed the drive shaft on one and rebuilt the rear end on another. The engine performance is very nice but the transmission will send you to the chiropractor. My neighbor has a 2016 Z71 and he cannot drive it on the highway because of the shaking. Chevy really needs to look at this problem, we will be looking at the new Ranger when released.

I love my little Colorado!
By RebelsWingman

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

In the beginning, I researched the Colorado with the diesel option. From late 2015 until March of 2017 I looked for any information about this truck that I could find. I ended up in March of 2017 purchasing a black 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 crew cab, short bed, four wheel drive with the diesel option. I have had many positive comments from total strangers, it's a real head turning pickup. The driver information center tracks constant 50 mile loops as for fuel mileage, I have turned in my highest mpg of 33 miles to a gallon. I chose the diesel option because I pull a 19 foot, center console, deep V fishing boat behind it. It handles the boat and all my belongings very nicely. I will have to admit that I have gone with an aftermarket tune and cold air intake for the truck, it has increased horsepower by approximately 60 horses and 100 foot pounds of torque. As for the cons; price is too much, warranty is too short, and at this price there should be rear seat ventilation. But overall, I love my little Colorado!

2017 chevy lemon zr2
By 1sR0s

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab ZR2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

two weeks after buying this truck I started having problems. problem #1 a solenoid that controls the cylinder cut off for fuel mileage went out. Had it replaced. #2 a few weeks after that engine light started flashing randomly. sometimes when the engine light would flash traction control and stabilatrak would turn off and Id get a service stabilitrak alert on screen. Other times just the engine light would flash. This went on for weeks. Id take it to the dealership they would keep It for a few days and drive it and couldn't figure it out. after the fifth time taking it to them It had a code on it for # 3 cylinder not firing. They replaced the coil pack and It hasn't done it since. Now the transmission Is making noise when holding my speed at certain speeds as if it is upshifting and downshifting at the same time. Bought truck at the end of Dec its only march. Also the fuel mileage is only averaging at 13mpg in town. sticker said16-18. I drove it on an hour trip last weekend it barely got 16 in the interstate. this truck is a nice looking piece of JUNK!

GREAT TRUCK EXCEPT,,,
By ct yankee

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Z71 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was torn between a Colorado & a Tacoma but after a lot of research, pricing etc I settled on the Colorado. I really love the truck and I think I made the right choice. I have one issue that I just cant get over. I have a rear defroster but no heated outside mirrors. I just don't get it!!!!

not a nissan/traded off in 3 wks only 423 miles
By pam

2017 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

we have now owned 4 nissan frontiers,. we bought the 2017 colorado dec 28, 2017 crew cab. after owning it for a week with less than 100 miles check engine light came on. had to have purge valve replaced. cab keeps fogging up, seats were not comfortable, my husband did not care that you could not tell if you were in 4 wheel drive unless in a dark room at midnight with the lights off to even see the little dot to show what you are in. the nissan shows the 4 wheels in the dash. he did not like the sound of the engine or transmission but reading the manual i guess that is the way it is. he also does not like the gas cap if that is what you want to call it,. the ideas of no cap and water and ice could get in to gas tank, and also gas lid wont seal correctly. it is a sharp looking truck but not for us. we traded back to a 2017 nissan frontier ( our 4th since 2012) with more options than the colorado and we love it. we did get a good deal since we deal with the same nissan dealer so we didnt loose out butt in the deal. seats are more comfortable, easier in and out. user friendly also with the "infotainment center" the colorado is a sharp looking vehicle and that is it. we have owned gm products before but were very disappointed in this one. we maybe thought of in a few years of trading my rogue in a an equinox... but no way!!!!.