Skip to main content

Used C/K 1500 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Truck with True Grit

98silverado, 01/08/2013
1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have a 1998 4x4 5.7 v8 extended cab despite the options given on the top of the page. It's got 68k on it, and I really do beat it up. Its been from Northern Illinois to Alabama where I go to school and the ride is that of a new tahoe. I've only had to replace one of the two cat converters, and a fan belt. Its candy apple red, and man, its a great looking truck. I take it on the dirt roads in South Dakota and it just never fails.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Still Truckin'!

v_nick, 01/04/2012
1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Cheyenne 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I can't kill it! It runs and runs and runs! And it still looks great. I haven't had a significant repair in several years. In my last review (2006), I was happy, but more so now. 130,000 miles on the odometer, which would be significantly more had I not had other vehicles I drive to work. Friends compliment me on its appearance, and I have had offers to buy it. Bullet Proof Reliability is the slogan that belongs to this truck!

1998 Chevy Ext. Cab 3rd door SWB Z-71

Tom, 09/30/2010
1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I like this truck a whole lot, the 5.7 liter Vortec engine gives plenty of power, the 4L60E Automatic transmission works flawlessly, mine has the push button selector for the 4x4...I'm not to fond of that, but it does work okay. My truck has leather interior, which I like;)Ice cold A/C, good heater, the truck handles like a performance sedan, and handles the heave loads and towing like a real truck should. What more can I say? It is a good truck! Very dependable, I would recommend it to anyone!

4.38 out of 5 stars

GM got it right on this one

JBKnight, 05/19/2007
1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series C1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought with 38k miles on it, now have 190k with origional engine and major parts. Had to replace normal stuff like alternator, water pump, starter and things that wore out. Known problems with these are a short list. Intake manifold leak, usually around 120k miles or so. Once fixed it is great. Fuel pumps, weak, on my 3rd one. The Vortec higher fuel pressure puts a stress on the GM pumps and when they go, can be real pricey. Radiator cracked at plastic side tank. 5.7 Vortec engine is the greatest, real good power, and with the bed loaded I still get 17mpg highway which I don't consider bad for a truck of this size. Holding value better then any car or truck I have owned.

210000 and still going STRONG

JLB, 04/17/2009
1998 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Series K1500 Silverado 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I have had this truck for almost 10 years and afraid soon I will have to get another. I am hoping to go to 250,000 before that happens. Purchased it with 65,000 and never had any transmission problems with every other year trans flushes. I work out of this truck and it is put to the Test daily. The Fuel Pump has went out around 100,000 miles this is common. cost $600.00 replaced water pump about same time but that is it nothing else. 10 years and only $800 in repairs. If Chevy made truck like this still they would not be in trouble today.

12345...9