Used 2002 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Blazer

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

A sandlewood color lemon
By Tj80

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Car rattles constantly, window trim is now loose, interior quality is very poor major gaps in plastic trim. Fold down seats no longer work after being worked on 3 times. Also transmission is slipping at high speeds, as well as the front bearings had to be replaced because either they wore away or were never put in in the first place. Also car is rusting from the inside out. Save your money. Buy something better than a GM piece of junk.

Favorite thing about the car is the automatic headlights.

My Chevy Blazer
By Kathaleen

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I had problems within one year of ownership - ball joints had to be replaced - it failed inspection. Then I have had endless problems with the four wheel drive - somedays it works only in four low. Now, I am told that the axle is going. The windows also leak in the front. I will only say that my Blazer is a lemon.

My favorite features is the comfortable seating and storage capacity. I also like the over the head console and my Blazer has an excellent stereo system.

I am told by my mechanic that Blazers are known for ball joint problems - this seems unusual to me.

Usual GM Quality
By Joe

2002 Chevrolet Blazer Xtreme 2dr 2WD SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This Xtreme has been in the family since it was first purchased. I bought it from my father after 2 years and I've driven it for another 2 years and just hit 36,000 miles. On the outside it is a very clean, solid looking SUV, and the inside is well crafted. GM has a powerful and exciting engine in this small SUV which is a great fun factor, and stock lowering is a great improvement on handling. Now for the bad news. Tires wore out at 20k miles, everything rattles, and it's been sent to the dealer 6 times since I've had it. A fun vehicle to drive, but at 36k miles I think it's trying to fall apart. If you feel lucky, go for it, but be careful.

None

Longer warranty

Mostly like to drive
By ed

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, the car is good, but I have had to bring it back for repairs for the check engine light, side moldings faded, and the rubber on both front doors came off. The one major problem I am having is a noise from around the muffler like a tin can popping. This noise happens all the time. The dealer says this is normal! It started in October, two months after purchase. It is now April and I'm fed up! I am bringing it in again, but not taking no for a answer. I have showed this to mechanics and they said it is not normal, The muffler seems to be bent . This has to be the problem. There's still warranty on the car, but sometimes the dealers do not seem to like to look for the problem.

Leather interior. Comfort, looks, ride, and moonroof.

Back seat room. Gas mileage. CD storage up front. Electric passenger seat

What a Lemon!
By Tommy

2002 Chevrolet Blazer LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This 2002 Chevrolet Blazer is my second Chevrolet vehicle, and the LAST Chevrolet i will ever buy. I had many problems with my 1st Chevrolet (a 2000 Camaro) and even more with the Blazer. Tons of electrical problems, headlights continue shorting out, door locks, power mirrors, and power windows short out. Windows squeak and rattle when going up and down. Windshield wiper module has shorted out three times, Transmission is slipping at 58000 miles, and dealer can never figure out the problem, so the electronics keep shorting out. I hope people considering purchasing a Chevrolet read this and buy something else.

None!

Interior parts are flimsy and cheap and become loose. Find out what causes the Blazer's electrical system to short out over and over again.