Used 2001 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Still Running Strong!

7ate9, 02/18/2011
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck for a little over 10 years now and bought it brand new in October 2000. I am lucky that I have a short commute and have only put 84,000 miles on it. I have not had any major issues except for repairs here and there. Recently the head gasket went, but my mechanic told me its because the coolant used by GM (DEX-COOL) actually deteriorated the gasket. There was a class action lawsuit about this back in 2005, but I did not know about it. Other than that, its been perfect. It's stil fun to drive and feel almost as good as the day I bought it. My only major complaint is gas mileage, especially compared to vehicles today. I usually get about 16-17 mpg on average.

The Worst Vehicle I've Owned For Sure

G-Man, 01/10/2009
LT 2WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Within 75k miles had the following issues: Door pins and hinges went bad. Right hub went bad. Transfer case leaks. Radiator blew. Head gesket went with it (never even got above 220). Passenger seat handle broke twice. Had to replace fuel injectors. Fuel pump is making noise. No I'm not dumping anymore money into this hunk of junk! A piece of junk! I would never buy a a Chevrolet again!

Happy,Happy,Happy

Happy,Happy,Happy, 08/23/2009
LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought our Blazer used on jan.'08. It had 148,551 miles on it, it now has 176,894. We have had only one problem with it (the fuel pump finally went out in it at 176,756). Other then that the rig is great. The 4.3l v6 is by far the best engine I have ever seen in a rig. Its a shame they quit making it. We love the 4x4 system it has, and we like the auto 4x4 option it came with. I wasn't shur I would like the push button 4x4, but I will have to say I am impressed with its ease going in and out of 4x4 mode. In all we couldn't be happier, and we plane on keeping it for a long time.

Stay Away from the Blazer

Rennie, 12/28/2002
LT 4WD 4dr SUV w/OnStar (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but troubles with my Chevy Blazer LT 4WD. The truck has been to the dealership so many times I should have my own parking space. Be prepared for engine leaks, transmission leaks, coolant leaks, transfer case leaks, and on and on. I have replaced 6 air pumps in the emmissions system, and my Chev dealer cannot find the problem. Fuel economy is an average of 16 mpg. The only positive is that GM offered me a $1000 manufactures rebate off the next GM vehicle I buy, because of the endless problems. Do your homework, this is not the vehicle for you. 2 years in with 100k miles.

Able SUV

andy, 12/22/2005
LS 2WD 2dr SUV (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

The Blazer 2dr SUV is a tight, comfortable and able SUV for the money. It has a very able tow rating of 3500 lbs, comes with the factory hitch and plenty of horsepower to do the job. Even though my Blazer was purchased 4 years old it is still a very tight body with no wind noise and excellent handling.

12345...19