Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Blazer model:

Beware the blazer!
By Ed

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV

Pros: great motor, handles well, good heat, good A/C (while it is holding a charge!), comfortable, decent acceleration Cons: weak ball joints, weak front hub bearings, bad gas mileage, squeaky, rattley cheap plastic interior, cheap failure-prone door hinges, water leak on passenger side, a/c compressor constantly leaks refrigerant (poor design), ABS system defects, tendency to oversteer on hard hiway-speed turns, rear door speakers blown, emergency brake is a horrible design that barely works at all

If you want project car the blazer is perfect
By Lou

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My blazer was the nicest package you could get with leather and all the bells and whistles. But this was probably the worst car I've ever owned and the newest. Every day there was a new issue with my blazer. Radiator, transmission, evap system, heater core, every window seal leaked so the whole carpet was destroyed, drivers side door was legit falling off and needed to be welded back on, every single door panel was falling off the doors because the plastic screws were cheap, whole front end was shot, blowers in dash would never turn off so the air conditioning would constanly be on, suspension was beat, multifunction switch had corrosion so blinkers would never stop, Heard nonstop clicking and was annoying. Also dash cracked more and more everyday, sun visor vanity light covers broke so the lights would stay on and drain battery ( had to drive over an hour to get new ones cause they weren't available nearby.) never remember driving the truck a day without the check engine light being on, and lastly the truck never fired up on the first start after 3 weeks of owning it. Sadly this truck was only a 2000 when my 1986 s10 has been a better and more reliable truck with surprisingly way less issues. Reason of buying my blazer was too upgrade but ended up putting my 86 back on the road after I figured out I only downgraded. Blazer needed over 3 grand in work when my s10 only needed 700 dollars worth of work which was common maintenence like belts, hoses, and spark plugs and didn't need it right away. Not a bad truck if you have the money to dump into it but wasn't worth it to me. On the brightside it had great pick up, lots of power from a 6 cyl, drove nice, felt like a real 4wd truck, never broke down on the side of the road (even tho it never ran right) had a ton of room and felt like a full size suv, seats folded nicely and not too bad on gas. But honestly I would pay more in gas to have a Tahoe instead of my old blazer. There was a reason they discontinued them. Would not recommend this car to my worst enemy. Especially since this blazer had low miles and all these issues.

Great
By Sheila

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved it but some manufacturer defects

Love my Blazer
By Jamie Sarkisian

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

after 17 years the Chevy Blazer still runs great. It is quiet and smooth and very comfortable. It is easy to bring your golf clubs and bikes and other toys when you travel. It is amazing in the snow. While it does need some maintenance, it still runs great and is very easy to work on thanks to Mark Jenkins Videos. Our other car is a Cadillac CTS 2008 and we take the Blazer on vacations. We have been able to find parts at a very reasonable price too. Our family has been loyal to GM for over 50 years. In that time we have had only 2 other non GM cars.

Love the ZR2!
By Marie

2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my LS ZR2 for 4 years and I love it! It does great in the snow, wonderful offroading capabilities, and the front seats are so comfy!
I love how it handles and the power of the engine is great. The pickup is pretty good (it isn't a sports car).
I have only had minor repairs in the four years I have owned this vehicle, the most major being the full pump.

There are a few cons to this vehicle, as there are with all. The visibility is limited. After a while of driving it you figure out how to see everywhere you need to, but if you are not used to it, you need to be extra cautious.
The recliner levers are poor quality, so make sure you don't yank on them to hard or try to force them (like my dad did) or you will break them.
The fuel pump design isn't the best in these cars, it is gasoline lubricated. Meaning that when your tank gets below 1/4 you are drying it out. If you let it get that low too often, you will end up needing to replace it.
I have found that it is better to fill it when it is down 3/4 instead of empty. If you wish for a longer life span of the fuel pump.
Also, the two door style looks incredible! But it isn't very practical if you have kids of need to get in and out of the back a lot.

Those are the only cons I can think of.
overall, I think this is an amazing vehicle. And it's a lot of fun to drive (eespecially where there is not a road).
With the experience I have had with it, I would highly recommend this car.

Do keep in mind, I have a 2000 Chevy BLazer S10 LS ZR2.
So it is not an ordinary LS, This is a specialty package for offroading.
But I have heard great things about the LS as well. :)