Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...32

Pros
Cons

Love this car.

Don Lynch, 04/17/2016
LS 4dr SUV

I have had many cars in 40 + years. Never had one this long. 16 years old with 120 k on it and it does not use a drop of oil. Still a good modern looking car. And everything from the heated mirrors to ice cold air works well. Cheap to insure. Yet it still has some value. You can still pick these up in good condition and it not cost an arm and leg. It makes a decent 2nd car and a great 1st car. I think the best part of this car is the comfort and sense of safety and control of the vehicle. And the worst thing is - I cannot really come up with a bad thing. Clearly I am prejudice of this car. It's old, I'm old and we are comfortable. UPDATE 10/18/16 I had to part with Hesibel, it has gotten to the point where I was only putting a 100 miles on it a year. And sadly I wasn't one that planned well for an early medical retirement. I sold it for what I paid years ago to a young man in college. He's four hours from school and she's been treating him well. So that's the end of the road I guess. Other than if a person could have an affection for a vehicle this would be my pick. She just never let me down. UPDATE 04/18/18- Well here we are again, just a couple years later. As I said I had sold Hesibel back in 2016. The young man that bought her lives down the lane and I see her when he comes in for break. Just a week or so for Easter break he was in and the Blazer was looking good. I had talked to his dad and he is always pulling people out of the snow at school. He loves having something that can't get stuck. He just doesn't know. You can always get stuck. Me, I am currently scouting the net looking for another Blazer, or a version of one.

Great, if you know what to look for...

Joey, 03/20/2010

I bought my Blazer used with 90K(kms) on it, and it's been a blast. This is my 5th Blazer/Jimmy, and they're great vehicles if you know what to look for. The following problems are a given after about 120k: ball joints, leaky oil lines, heater core, squeaky rear window, recliner handles will break off, door hinge bushings, and if not maintained properly, auto transmissions will probably go around 200k. If your vehicle still has Dex- cool in it (orange anti-freeze), I would highly recommend getting it flushed and replaced with the regular green stuff, and that may save you some headaches. The fuel economy is not great, but like most vehicles, maintain these properly and they'll treat you well.

99 trail blazer 4x4 4.3 v6/atl ga.

stephharner34, 02/22/2012

bought used at tax time,140k,no more explorers.im happy with my choice,ive had zero issues.i have noticed a lag in take off,although issue was cured when we drained trans fluid,and put on new filter..2/2012.i have the loaded edition,all leather,sunroof,tow package,power windows and locks.love the embroydted head rests and interior door logo. the big differance,ive noticed is it drives more like a car than a 4x4 truck..love it>>>>>>>>>>

I love my Blazer but...

Michelle, 10/18/2008

I bought my truck in Novemember 2001 upgrading from a Cavalier. The truck does great in the snow in MD without being 4WD. I have never had a major problem with it other then the handles on the both seats broke until now. It is paid for and everything has gone wrong with it. ABS brake light won't go out even after numerous trips to the shop, service engine light comes on all the time, I have no heat or A/C. Shop can't figure it out. Occasionally over heats, blower motor went up, ball joints have been replaced 2 times now, transmission starting to fail at 120,000 miles. I love my truck. Handles great but it may be cheaper to go buy a Tahoe!

Love my Blazer

Jamie Sarkisian, 09/07/2016
Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

after 17 years the Chevy Blazer still runs great. It is quiet and smooth and very comfortable. It is easy to bring your golf clubs and bikes and other toys when you travel. It is amazing in the snow. While it does need some maintenance, it still runs great and is very easy to work on thanks to Mark Jenkins Videos. Our other car is a Cadillac CTS 2008 and we take the Blazer on vacations. We have been able to find parts at a very reasonable price too. Our family has been loyal to GM for over 50 years. In that time we have had only 2 other non GM cars.

12345...32