Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Love this car.

Don Lynch, 04/17/2016
LS 4dr SUV

I have had many cars in 40 + years. Never had one this long. 16 years old with 120 k on it and it does not use a drop of oil. Still a good modern looking car. And everything from the heated mirrors to ice cold air works well. Cheap to insure. Yet it still has some value. You can still pick these up in good condition and it not cost an arm and leg. It makes a decent 2nd car and a great 1st car. I think the best part of this car is the comfort and sense of safety and control of the vehicle. And the worst thing is - I cannot really come up with a bad thing. Clearly I am prejudice of this car. It's old, I'm old and we are comfortable. UPDATE 10/18/16 I had to part with Hesibel, it has gotten to the point where I was only putting a 100 miles on it a year. And sadly I wasn't one that planned well for an early medical retirement. I sold it for what I paid years ago to a young man in college. He's four hours from school and she's been treating him well. So that's the end of the road I guess. Other than if a person could have an affection for a vehicle this would be my pick. She just never let me down. UPDATE 04/18/18- Well here we are again, just a couple years later. As I said I had sold Hesibel back in 2016. The young man that bought her lives down the lane and I see her when he comes in for break. Just a week or so for Easter break he was in and the Blazer was looking good. I had talked to his dad and he is always pulling people out of the snow at school. He loves having something that can't get stuck. He just doesn't know. You can always get stuck. Me, I am currently scouting the net looking for another Blazer, or a version of one.

99 trail blazer 4x4 4.3 v6/atl ga.

stephharner34, 02/22/2012
Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

bought used at tax time,140k,no more explorers.im happy with my choice,ive had zero issues.i have noticed a lag in take off,although issue was cured when we drained trans fluid,and put on new filter..2/2012.i have the loaded edition,all leather,sunroof,tow package,power windows and locks.love the embroydted head rests and interior door logo. the big differance,ive noticed is it drives more like a car than a 4x4 truck..love it>>>>>>>>>>

I love my Blazer but...

Michelle, 10/18/2008
LS 4dr SUV

I bought my truck in Novemember 2001 upgrading from a Cavalier. The truck does great in the snow in MD without being 4WD. I have never had a major problem with it other then the handles on the both seats broke until now. It is paid for and everything has gone wrong with it. ABS brake light won't go out even after numerous trips to the shop, service engine light comes on all the time, I have no heat or A/C. Shop can't figure it out. Occasionally over heats, blower motor went up, ball joints have been replaced 2 times now, transmission starting to fail at 120,000 miles. I love my truck. Handles great but it may be cheaper to go buy a Tahoe!

Great, if you know what to look for...

Joey, 03/20/2010
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Blazer used with 90K(kms) on it, and it's been a blast. This is my 5th Blazer/Jimmy, and they're great vehicles if you know what to look for. The following problems are a given after about 120k: ball joints, leaky oil lines, heater core, squeaky rear window, recliner handles will break off, door hinge bushings, and if not maintained properly, auto transmissions will probably go around 200k. If your vehicle still has Dex- cool in it (orange anti-freeze), I would highly recommend getting it flushed and replaced with the regular green stuff, and that may save you some headaches. The fuel economy is not great, but like most vehicles, maintain these properly and they'll treat you well.

Love my Blazer

Jamie Sarkisian, 09/07/2016
Trailblazer 4dr SUV 4WD

after 17 years the Chevy Blazer still runs great. It is quiet and smooth and very comfortable. It is easy to bring your golf clubs and bikes and other toys when you travel. It is amazing in the snow. While it does need some maintenance, it still runs great and is very easy to work on thanks to Mark Jenkins Videos. Our other car is a Cadillac CTS 2008 and we take the Blazer on vacations. We have been able to find parts at a very reasonable price too. Our family has been loyal to GM for over 50 years. In that time we have had only 2 other non GM cars.

Beware!

jake118, 11/17/2011
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

These cars are great to use as stunt vehicles to be driven off a cliff and explode on impact. If there was a trophy for the junkiest cars on the market, these would be among the top competitors. I have owned 3 GM vehicles, and after going through numerous adventures I can honestly say that GM builds their cars specifically to break down in various places over and over again, so the owner would be obliged to have it fixed repeatedly. This probably keeps the gm business somewhat afloat through the money invested into parts and labor. for anyone who wants to avoid headaches and frustration, buy Japanese cars that have proven themselves Reliable, Efficient, and Long-lasting,you will be happier

my blazer

chad, 02/08/2016
LT 4dr SUV

Had this LT 2000 blazer for around 10 years. Now has 156000 miles. 4x4 still works, did quit working at one time, replaced all vacuum lines , which were dry rotting and 4x4 now works, no problem since. CD player works all the time, crap its 16 years old so I surprised it still works! Had some overheating problem, just running hot.. replaced thermostat, antifreeze and radiator, problem solved. Antifreeze is still clean, didn't turn black like many GM cars. Motor hasn't been a problem, still runs strong. Have replaced plugs and wires and last summer replaced all rotors/pads and a caliper with GM parts from Amazon and did labor myself, brakes are great. Needs a lower ball joint and all the rubber bushings underneath the vehicle are rotten. Have replaced 1 side of the sway bar rubber bushings, the new blue ones look great. Car is starting to rust but that was a problem I noticed when I bought it, looks like it was from a northern state with a lot of road salt? The transmission did need a rebuild last summer, was told it looked like someone put the wrong fluid in transmission, cost 850 and now is great. I hate the little bulbs that light up the buttons on the steering wheel, should have used LEDS not bulbs! They can be replaced though. Rear wiper motor is fried but rarely used it will replace with a junk yard motor. Been a really good vehicle overall, gas mileage could be better but would buy again. Recently had over a foot of snow/ice. Car did excellent in 4wd with cooper tires.

Beware of blazer

jamel, 09/30/2009
LT 4dr SUV

I currently own a 2000 chevy blazer and I thought I had a very reliable truck, however the truck is currently in the shop for lower manifold replacement due to a leak, new fuel pump about 3 months ago,new rear brakes about 2 months ago,fuel filter about 1 month ago, replaced alternator about 6 mos after I got it! replaced rad and hose 3 days ago! the list goes on! How can I remain true to a company when I have to foot all the bills!I wonder if GM bigwigs are driving Chevys? probably not!

Worth owning but needs "Tweaks"

Dave, 05/22/2010
LS 2dr SUV

Bought new in 2000. Been all over U.S. east of Miss. river on PGA since. Problems - Front seat recline handles break off, blind spot looking through small left rear window when turning left, AC Compressor weak (all GMs a problem with this), poor positioning of spare inside back left, exterior trim breaks down (plating on luggage rack, trim around rear windows, grill black trim, etc.), Stereo blows up around 30k locking the ignition and electrical. Overall a good ride though with good handling for a high riding SUV. Great acceleration (the V6 is mighty). Regular maintenance at 4000 miles gives you longevity. Would buy again.

Where do i begin....

loby, 07/27/2011
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my blazer in 2008, from the dealership, the gas gauge did not work. fixed. The first big investment was the intake gasket that went bad. It was replaced with a metal gasket, and shouldn't need replacing ever again. After that, it started acting very strangely...it would be going down the road, and start hesitating, or lose power suddenly. I went through and replaced plugs, wires, distributer cap and rotor, air filter, gas filter, battery, cat, and exhaust, the fuel pump sounds like it's screaming, it gets terrible gas mileage, and the front dash squeaks. So far to fix the hesitation issue, i've dumbed a bottle of sea foam in the gas tank, which has helped for now.

not necessarily the best yet

[purvis, 02/13/2004
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

So far. 1 transmission, 1 door hinge kit, 3 interior air vents. 2 seat recliner rods,1 fuel sending unit. Still counting. This is a lot for a vehicle that is very well taken care of. Firm believer that chevy could have done a much better job on many items. But as a pet peeve why does chevy continue to use the plastic bushings in the door hinges? They never last. The replacements are brass. Why not start there to begin with?

Lotta issues but I still love it

xray25, 12/21/2009
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

This Blazer ZR2 was my first SUV, I loved it at first and still enjoy driving it, I just wish it was more reliable. I bought the truck with 111,000 and have put 63,000 on it. Trying to count the times it has left me out in the cold...I think at least 4 times. This truck has many issues. A rust hole I can stick my fist through, the gas gauge, CD player, seat handles, have never worked. I have replaced the catalytic converter, wheel bearings, intake gasket, PCV valve, alternator, radiator....the distributor corrodes so I must replace it every 6 months. More rattles than you can count on both feet....but a great backup vehicle nonetheless. Hate to sell it, Love me Blazer!

Did not see it coming

Winstonhates chevy, 02/03/2003
LT 4dr SUV

It look good untill the inside nobs starting to fall off, I made a call to Maroone ( should be called moranees). They did a overall, I think they made it worst, I have spend more money on my new vehicle, while my 12 year old camry is still going. I found a rust spot in the back today, it is a 3 year old car. I am just waiting to drop out of the bottom.

Balzers are awful

trkguy, 02/11/2004
LS 2dr SUV

There is something wrong with the design of this vehicle. There absolutely should have been a recall for the front end of this car. I have replaced the ball joint on both front wheels twice on this car in 4 years. Now I have also had to replace both wheel bearings as well. I will never buy another Chevy SUV again.

Loved the Blazer - just traded

Lynda, 07/01/2008
LS 4dr SUV

I just traded mine it had 115,000 on it. It never left me stranded any place! General maintenance only - batteries, (Texas is hard on batteries) oil, transmission fluid and new tires. Only thing I did not like was that the belt squeaked all the time. Interior was extremely comfortable, air / heat worked great always! Visibility great as well. I was ready for something different after nine years only reason to trade. This one will go 200K no question.

Excellent SUV, sincere review

joetibu, 08/08/2008
LS 4dr SUV

I had this SUV since new. No mayor problems and has now more than 100k. Basic maintenance. Overall is very comfty, hauls lots of stuff and feels very secure. Good MPG for the size and weight.

This SUV Stinks!

RB14, 04/26/2002
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

4 Transmission Problems, starting at 12000 miles, transmission re-built at 43000 miles. Also other annoying problems, 3 recalls, expensive to maintain and rides rough even when brand new. Can't use lemon law because problems were all VERY SLIGHTLY different. My next car will be a Honda.

Great offroad & snow, lacking elsewhere

Brian, 09/22/2009
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck has served our family well from the standpoint of pure utility. Living in Wisconsin for several years, not once have I had trouble in deep snow or any inclement weather. We have taken this offroad and it's been great for that purpose. However, I have had to replace the transmission, the fuel pump (twice), wheel bearings (twice), ball joints, and my driver side window stopped working. There have been some electrical issues with the ABS, and my check engine light has been on for sometime. I really have enjoyed this truck, but mechanical issues have really plagued it. It has 154000 miles on it currently. The 4.3L Vortec engine has kept running strong though.

Expensive

Jason, 05/31/2010
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have to say I bought this car in April and I have had to replace a couple of minor things. Ac needed to be recharged. Pvc value replaced. Fuel filter. But these are small. Now need to do the rear diff. Flush radator and do a trans flush. Drives good. Family has plenty of room on road trips. Would like better gas mileage. A radio that worked. Outside of all that if you can get one at the right price it is a ok deal. 4wd still works. Have used to move a friend into a different apt and it moved all of his stuff fine. Lots of space . Seats fold down. Great for kids who play sports !

Blazer

Baker, 07/16/2010
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I had purchased my blazer, i needed the extra room, so i got it. This blazer has everything electronic, and leather seats. All the bells. My engine is the 4.3 V6 Vortec. Now i got to drive for two weeks. Then the intake gaskets went out, followed by the whole head. I had to purchase a new motor. Then the rear brakes went out. For those who have this model Blazer, watch out , because it is VERY common for these things to go out.

2000 ZR2 Blazer

Pau, 11/03/2002
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

This was a lease that was going to be purchased when lease came to term. That isnt happening. The ZR2 is a great ride, very comfortable, very reliable, but it has its flaws. Fuel economy cant be an issue with an SUV. Anyone that thinks they're going to get 30+ MPG isnt. There were problems with the outside spare tire carrier latch (corrected), the seat adjusters broke repeatedly (corrected, but at a constant inconvience), the sunroof leaks (still not corrected), and it does rattle alot when going over bumps. Quality control definately went down the tubes on this model year, so I believe the next purchase will be a 99 blazer. Hopefully less problems.

Fool me once...fool me 2x, shame on me

Jerry Schreck, 12/21/2002
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Never again. Bought a 2000, made a lemon-law claim due to problems with the drive-train (front or rear??? they could never figure it out). Replacement vehicle has same thing but not as bad. Now, with 50k miles and out of warranty, front ball joints are shot ($1600-1800), pwr steering pump leaks, tie rods bad, etc. Only problem, never taken off road! Now I learn front end problems very, very common on S-10 models. I am the 3rd person I know with same problems. Never again!

Isn't bad, but needs improvment

Chris, 08/18/2006
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a black 2000 ZR2 Blazer with 53k on it now, had 24k when I bought it a little over 3 years ago. I like the looks and features, but have had a lot of the same problems others here have posted. Ball joint on passanger side went bad, seat level on passanger seat broke. Tons of rattling of panels of doors, and in the back, spare tire blocks 96% of view to the rear. Gas gauge broke, heater core went, cd player went dead, and the sun roof had to be changed out 3 times. The MPG for this SUV stinks and the power seems to be bad during the hot summer days, at least mine is like that. With all those problems, I still like the car, but would trade it in if I could.

Its a TRUCK!!!

mtpd51, 08/31/2004
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Rides like truck, drives like a truck, must be a truck. Nice size for long trips, with decent gas mileage. If you want great gas milage buy a Honda. During 6 month ownership A/C compressor replaced under warranty, front ball joints replaced under warranty, oil coolant lines replaced under warranty, ignition harness replaced under warranty. Its a used car with 40k on it. I paid less than half for a new one, with an extended warranty lasting as long as a new car warranty does. For the $15,000 I saved I bought a boat!

Loved this car

Aaron, 05/04/2007
LS 4dr SUV

This car drove great. Was my first car, got about 18 to 20 MPG city/highway. Only problem I ever had was the stupid seat recline handle but GM has a metal one for $15 and that one worked great. I was in a crash in October, I had new tires put on and one wasn't secured right by the mechanic and it broke free, the rear tire then blew, I went throght a wall and 2 trees before stopping on the third, this car saved my life. Drives really well, interior is very durable, 5 16 year olds couldn't destroy it so its very good. I would highly recomend this SUV.

Never buying GM again

Tiger, 10/28/2007
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Look up information before buying the 2000 or surrounding years. It has been nothing but problems. As soon as we hit 60k, things have just been in constant repair and I do all schedule maint. also. From Cheap alloy causing the recliner levels to snap off, Oil cooler lines going bad EVERY 14k miles (issue because of way GM routed them), Door hinges coming off after 130k. Clogged heater cores costing another $1k to fix, ball bearings and joints, Differentials. THis car is costing us an extra $100/month ever year to keep up but we cant afford another car loan at the same time. Do your research through google or anywhere else first. Worst vehicle I have ever owned. NO MORE GM for me.

Love the ZR2!

Marie, 05/06/2016
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I have had my LS ZR2 for 6 years and I love it! It does great in the snow, wonderful offroading capabilities, and the front seats are so comfy! I love how it handles and the power of the engine is great. The pickup is pretty good (it isn't a sports car). I have only had minor repairs in the four years I have owned this vehicle, the most major being the fuel pump. There are a few cons to this vehicle, as there are with all. The visibility is limited. After a while of driving it you figure out how to see everywhere you need to, but if you are not used to it, you need to be extra cautious. The recliner levers are poor quality, so make sure you don't yank on them to hard or try to force them (like my dad did) or you will break them. Also, the two door style looks incredible! But it isn't very practical if you have kids or need to get in and out of the back a lot. Those are the only cons I can think of. overall, I think this is an amazing vehicle. And it's a lot of fun to drive (eespecially where there is not a road). With the experience I have had with it, I would highly recommend this car. Do keep in mind, I have a 2000 Chevy BLazer S10 LS ZR2. So it is not the standard LS, This is a specialty package for offroading. But I have heard great things about the LS as well. :)

Love the 4.3

Karcinagin, 09/17/2009
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Not to small, amazing in snow (even with standard diff) Easy to maintain, if you know what will go wrong. Its a 3/4 v8 350, so many power mods. Being 9 years old it has it problems, but I still get from point a to b. Would buy more just because the 4.3 will last over 250,000 miles

2000 S-10 Blazer

Jim Wasoka, 10/21/2002
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Compared to my previous Ford Explorer and Broncho II, this vehicle handles better and has more power. The interior roominess and overall size is excellent for a family of 4 to take long trips. I would recommend it to anyone needing 4 wheel drive and seating for 5 who doesn't want to get into a minivan.

Pretty good overall

carlcaver, 05/17/2005
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

70,000 miles and going strong. It's used daily for work, is great in the snow, and very good offroad also. Front balljoints had to be replaced after the VERY rough winter and many potholes, but this was understandable (we hit quite a few hard bangers!). Some rattles on very rough roads, but no other real problems. Overall I like this vehicle very much. It has been very practical and reliable, for everyday use and very long trips, including a cross country expedition. Those who complain and say their next vehicle will be some foreign made thing must have an anti-American made vehicle bias, because there is nothing with this vehicle that would cause such disgust.

Excellent Truck

K. Curtis, 01/21/2004
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

We bought this new in 2001, and other than a few minor cosmetic things, it has been a great truck. We have had not problems with it and it is really fun to drive. It's a great looking truck and I love it. I would definitely look at them again when we get ready to trade.

Great in the snow

1of4boys, 09/14/2006
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Driving in the snow has been a great experience. Although MD does not get much of it, the large snows proved to be quite enjoyable to drive in using the 4 wheel drive (both Hi & Low). The switch from 2 wheel to 4 is virtually seamless with the button controls. The height of the chassis allows the ease of going over high piles. 6 cylinder engine provides a great get-up-and go and the power to tote heavy loads around. Easy to maintain vehicle.

Be Careful with this SUV!

Razorback Fan, 09/18/2006
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car in June of 2006 with 64,000 miles on it. By July 28, it was in the shop for a new heating core and radiator problems. It is now September 18 and it has been back in the shop since Labor Day getting a new motor. Labor Day we were taveling to see family, and it broke down on the side of the road. The rods and bearings were shot among other things. I love the features of this SUV, but should have had it inspected first. The mechanic says that Blazers are known for these type of problems. Warning: it does drive like a truck so expect rattles, squeaks, and a little rough riding etc.

Love the blazer

RacknHorse, 03/27/2002
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my blazer for almost two years, done everything in it, from hauling horse trailer to hauling a boat, taking vacations, going around town. I've had a few problems with the brake lights, and just heard they were recalled again. But the dealership took really good care of me. The gas mileage isn't bad, and it's easy to get the kids in and out of.

Great

Sheila, 02/27/2017
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved it but some manufacturer defects

If you want project car the blazer is perfect

Lou, 11/28/2017
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My blazer was the nicest package you could get with leather and all the bells and whistles. But this was probably the worst car I've ever owned and the newest. Every day there was a new issue with my blazer. Radiator, transmission, evap system, heater core, every window seal leaked so the whole carpet was destroyed, drivers side door was legit falling off and needed to be welded back on, every single door panel was falling off the doors because the plastic screws were cheap, whole front end was shot, blowers in dash would never turn off so the air conditioning would constanly be on, suspension was beat, multifunction switch had corrosion so blinkers would never stop, Heard nonstop clicking and was annoying. Also dash cracked more and more everyday, sun visor vanity light covers broke so the lights would stay on and drain battery ( had to drive over an hour to get new ones cause they weren't available nearby.) never remember driving the truck a day without the check engine light being on, and lastly the truck never fired up on the first start after 3 weeks of owning it. Sadly this truck was only a 2000 when my 1986 s10 has been a better and more reliable truck with surprisingly way less issues. Reason of buying my blazer was too upgrade but ended up putting my 86 back on the road after I figured out I only downgraded. Blazer needed over 3 grand in work when my s10 only needed 700 dollars worth of work which was common maintenence like belts, hoses, and spark plugs and didn't need it right away. Not a bad truck if you have the money to dump into it but wasn't worth it to me. On the brightside it had great pick up, lots of power from a 6 cyl, drove nice, felt like a real 4wd truck, never broke down on the side of the road (even tho it never ran right) had a ton of room and felt like a full size suv, seats folded nicely and not too bad on gas. But honestly I would pay more in gas to have a Tahoe instead of my old blazer. There was a reason they discontinued them. Would not recommend this car to my worst enemy. Especially since this blazer had low miles and all these issues.

Beware the blazer!

Ed, 01/16/2018
LT 4dr SUV

Pros: great motor, handles well, good heat, good A/C (while it is holding a charge!), comfortable, decent acceleration Cons: weak ball joints, weak front hub bearings, bad gas mileage, squeaky, rattley cheap plastic interior, cheap failure-prone door hinges, water leak on passenger side, a/c compressor constantly leaks refrigerant (poor design), ABS system defects, tendency to oversteer on hard hiway-speed turns, rear door speakers blown, emergency brake is a horrible design that barely works at all

2000 Chevrolet Blazer 4WD

David Owens, 01/03/2020
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm not a fan of this truck. I bought it from a dealer back in 2017 and it's been nothing but trouble. Horrible steering, I have replaced 3 sets of brake calipers, the master cylinder, and all brake lines and my brakes STILL overheat! And I'm buying expensive, quality replacement parts for it. This truck will be taken to the junkyard where it belongs. I highly do NOT recommend this truck to anyone.

5 speed Blazer

ct1274, 06/12/2008
LS 2dr SUV

Fun to drive with 5 speed. Gas mileage hurts but don't drive far. Blind spots, seat handle broken. Nice looks and growl of the engine.

Can you say battleship Yamoto

cifey, 09/23/2008
LS 2dr SUV

I bought it new in 2000 with cash from my first real job, tired of driving economy cars in school. I liked the smooth ride on the highway, decent turning radius and fuel economy for a truck. Large rims, nice interior, very modern design for the time. I drove a girlfriend around in it for a couple of years, that was pretty sweet. Currently has 95k, girls are afraid of it. I've broken down on the road only twice so far. Things that went wrong... passenger seat handle -- warranty battery (almost drowned me in tropical storm allison) -- warranty dirty fuel injectors -- warranty battery again -- paid fuel pump -- $800 for the part busted radiator -- $300

I love this car

gina, 05/06/2002

Great Style Great reliaibility

Rattler

RattleRide, 05/07/2002
Trailblazer 4dr SUV

Several months after my purchase, I noticed rattling noise while driving. Sometimes I think the doors are going to fly open. Not a peaceful roadtrip vehicle!

I'm loving my 1st SUV

rich prestia, 12/27/2008
LT 4dr SUV

This is my 1st. SUV and I'm 45 yrs old! I initially set out to buy a Jeep Cherokee Sport. But after trying one out it was too small (interior wise) for me, I'm 6'3". Then when car shopping in Brooklyn...I saw her. I immediately bought her. I wound up with a wonderful, dependable truck! I've set it up with synthetic oil and put Lucas gas treatment in every tank and this baby is great!

Loving it so far

loving it so far, 01/08/2009
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We had just purchased it a few weeks ago. I have owned a 1999 Chevy 1500 2wd with the same 4.3 Vortec, and I loved that truck. So far, our Blazer has been flawless. Bought it with 110,000 miles, and last week we drove it over 600 miles for the holidays. It was icy at times, and the 4wd worked great! A great price and a wonderful purchase.

don't buy

Theresa, 03/15/2009
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

owned this car 9 years.This is the first new car I bought off the lot. I have had nothing but problems ever since I bought this car.Rear seal replaced, differential, pins in the doors, front seat adjusting handles just break, computer, alternator, battery, gaskets and 5 yes 5 heater cores. The first 2 was covered by GM after I complained enough because the first 3 times i brought into the dealer there was a bulletin to flush the lines, which did no good, the problem ran past the extended warranty and blow out again, gm covered it. The problem came back cuz it was never fixed correctly. I know that GM/Dexcool had a class action law suite regarding Dex cool I signed up $back NEVER AGAIN GM

I love my Blazer

paulahall, 03/14/2009
LS 2dr SUV

I love this SUV. I have had my Blazer for 4 years. I bought it when it had 70000 miles and now it has 141000. Just replaced heater coil @ 138000. Rotors @ 137000 and brakes. It sounds like it might have a rod knocking but only when it is really cold then the noise quits. Drives greats lots of power for a 6 cylinder. The interior is still in good shape. None of the seat problems other had talked about. Love that the back seats fold down and the tinted windows. I hope it keeps running to 300000 miles. Heater core only costs $65 but I installed it myself. Have to remove the entire dash to get to it and it's a pain to put back in, but I love the heat it puts out.

Always have good luck with the Blazer

bmdwags, 06/02/2002
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

We have leased 2 Blazers...and we have been happy with them both. Comfortable and easy to drive. Rear doors swing open wide enough to get kids in and out of car seats. Plenty of space in the back for family trips with lots of luggage and the dogs.

A mixed bag but overall I've liked it

Cory H, 06/19/2009
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I have the ZR2 off-road package, and overall this has been a dependable vehicle. Reasonably comfortable, low wind noise, rides well (for a 4x4), suspension package was a great investment - have gotten 70k miles w/o uneven wear on tires, fun little SUV for cross-country camping trips. 21 mpg highway, 15 city. It hasn't been without its issues. It does tend to have a lot of squeaks, cheap-o interior plastic doesn't help. The biggest problem I had was having to replace the transmission at 50,000 miles. Did have some premature ball joint replacement also. Heater core went out at about 110k miles, radiator cracked at 140k. Other minor problems such as malfunctioning thermometer and broken fuel ga

Don't buy one

fishguy204, 08/05/2009
LS 2dr SUV

This little truck has been a headache from day one. In four months I have replaced the front brakes and rotors, the fuel pump and the wheel bearings. Pretty well the only thing I like about it is the looks.

everything replaced

Marc, 08/30/2009
LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been maintaining on the police car/ taxi schedule which is double the norm. Three radiators, 5 ac systems. Transmission out at 42k, heater core and front differential out at 80k. Dealer set it on fire during repair so new ac, and half the engine. Then engine went out with rods or mains at 102K. New engine replaced 5k later with a knock (Jasper engine). New catalytic, engine light on for o2 sensor now. Looks great and get compliments on what great shape it is in and you can eat off the motor it is kept so clean. Over 16k in total repairs including fire damage. Wife hates it and when I got rear-ended she only hoped it was totaled. What happened Chevrolet? My Astro ran to over 275K.

51050