Used 1998 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Chevy Blazer... What a disapointment!

Paul Harrington, 03/27/2002
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased my blazer with 18,000 miles on it as a one owner trade in. Being a fool I assumed based on appearance and the low milage this vehical was solid and every bit represenative of its appearance. Boy was I wrong... After two years of complete annoyance, I traded the turd in. In 24 months I replaced upper and lower ball joints, idler arm, brakes and rotors, heater motor twice, tensioner pulley twice, tires due to the ball joint problem. On trade it had a bad wheel bearing and the bearing was shot in the A/C clutch. This turd was purchased for my wife, to serve as the bus for her and my two young sons... The warranty of course ran out on time.

Blazer LT

Bryan101, 03/28/2002
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the best SUV i ever owned. Hardly any problems.

They don't make Chevy's like they used to!

rreddy4, 02/26/2012
LS 4dr SUV

I recently bought my 1998 Blazer LS less than a year ago with 111K as a 2nd car. Soon I had the transmission rebuilt afterwards. After that the passenger side wheel front wheel bearing started to make noise. Fixed problem, and then a week later,driver's side wheel bearing went out. Radiator started plugging up and replaced it and noticed a huge oil leak starting from the back of the motor. I really don't understand this, I owned a 1970 Impala many years back in college. Drove it 5 years to nearly 300K with no problems at all! Drove it back in forth from college on the weekends 300 miles each way and managed 18 mpg with 100% reliability . After the Blazer,no more domestic cars for me

Yup there good

Ghost rider, 10/05/2017
4dr SUV 4WD

All around great vehicle if you take care of them.

250,000 miles and still going.

Mary, 07/01/2019
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I paid 2000 for this 1998 Chevy 4 door blazer. I bought it from a good friend of mine. It is the best SUV I have ever owned. Mostly what is wrong with my truck is cosmetic. It needs a new paint job. Living on the coast of Texas the salty air has started to eat away at the paint and make a few rust spots. But the engine and transmission are sound. I have had to replace the lower Ball joints. And 1 tie Rod. The bushing on the drivers door has gone out I've had to replace that also. But overall this is probably one of the best vehicles I have ever owned.