Used 2011 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Aveo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

I wish I had a reckingball

Pat Spinello, 03/12/2015
5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy really blew it on this model. No wonder they discontinued it. I have had numerous issues with this car since the warranty expired(typical). I have had the struts replaced numerous times, wheel bearings replaced, suspension issues, break-line replaced. I've gone through enough tires that the goodyear guys see me and dance because they know it's going to be a big ticket sale. Currently, I can't get my key out of the ignition unless I hold my stick shift to the left and I'm also have problems with the shift sticking in park. I really hate this car but I am stuck with it because I can't afford a car payment. It really has given me a bad taste in my mouth for Chevy.

Repair prone car

mirde98, 01/13/2015
5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is not economical to own. Many things break down and the fuel economy is real bad for a small car. I like the car looks and comfortable ride but i will not recommend this vehicle. Here is the list of things repaired or replaced since ownership in 1/2014: , 2 wheel bearings, ignition coil, AC compressor and expansion valve, coolant and heater hoses all replaced, throttle body, pedal acceleration sensor, gas pump, and finally, for now, both oxygen sensors. All this repairs from a vehicle purchased with 52k miles on and now has 115k. The timing belt system was replaced at 100k but that is a maintenance issue not a breakdown. Tires are expensive due to the specific size and not available at many places. Fuel economy is abysmal at 21mpg at best. On the bright side, the car has never left me stranded and i guess it will never do since most of all parts are new.

AVEO JUNK

Mary, 12/31/2019
5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. It is nothing but a big ball of JUNK. If I could I would paint on the car for everyone to read, TURD Mobile. Stay away unless you like, blowing money, (Big Money), like blown engines, clutches, etc. Poor excuse for Chevy making this piece of S.....

Everything about the wheels is lemon.

Joel Pichette, 03/04/2021
5 LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Fine interior design and style, price is cheap when you purchase it, doesn't cost too much on gas, but you'll be fixing something every 3 months on it related to the wheels... ball joints, bearings, breaks, rack and pinion, name it.

Not good

Sarah Parker, 12/30/2020
5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car for not even a year, ECM went out, circuit board had to be replaced, problems with the transmission, and the fuel system. Constantly had electrical issues. Absolutely terrible. Put in 8x the amount of money than the car is worth to try and get it to just run correctly and it still has problems