Used 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews

Used Avalanche for Sale
Select your model:
12345...54

Pros
Cons

Believe all of the good stuff

Ron M, 03/10/2010

I bought my Av new in 2004. GM should have named it the Transformer. There isn't anything I can't do with this truck. I carry full sheets of plywood and sheetrock (and it stays dry in the rain). I've carried firewood, gravel and anything else a regular truck does. I've gone camping with four others in the passenger compartment, my four wheeler in the back, two canoes on top, towing four wheelers and gear on the trailer behind. I live in Maine and the Av keeps me cool when it's in the high nineties and toasty warm when it's forty something below. It stays on the road during a blizzard like a bengal tiger on it's next meal. I will own this Av forever. Really. I still own my '72 Dodge Demon.

My 2003 Avalanche Truck

Richard J. Ruggiero, 12/19/2003

Fantastic riding also the extremely comfortable seats. My wife enjoys the heated seats.Overall view while driving is great and the only complaint are the mirrors are very wide and on a narrow rd you can almost meet oncoming vehicles mirror to mirror. This is my first Avalanche and certainly wont be my last.

The best ride for the $

sppoger, 12/22/2003

will buy another,awesome ride and comfort .Love the vehicle for the kids hockey trips keep the stinky stuff in the back.....

Chevy Avalanche

jpj028, 02/29/2004

Want to drive the best driving SUV/Truck in the market? Then get in the Chevy Avalanche. Fun, Fast, Bold are some of the things that you will experience.

solid value

allycat, 09/24/2004

Utility of a truck & seating of a SUV. Best thing they ever did was offer this truck without the body hardware. I wouldn't even consider this truck until they offered a "naked" version, it looks great. Overall the truck has a soft ride that could be more responsive, but it is better than the typical leaf spring rear end of a pickup. The interior is very roomy and comfortable, but as expected, the cabin has average materials that is typical of a GM product. I would have happily paid $500 more for this vehicle if they would have come up with better interior components (knobs, switches , door panels,etc). Overall I felt this was a good value for the money

12345...54