2018 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Cadillac XT5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XT5 model:

My Dream SUV
By Bonnie

2018 Cadillac XT5 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love my car! The ride is smooth and the safety extras are amazing. For the first time ever, I feel confident pulling out in a parking lot. The rear view camera is so much better than the Lexus. The side mirrors with the yellow light that warns of a car in the blind spot is a life saver. I will certainly lease a Cadillac in the future! Best of all, it is an American car and that makes me feel good.

$750 to replace exposed plastic tube
By easy undercarriage damage

2018 Cadillac XT5 Premium Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

There is limited protection of the undercarriage components. A cheap little plastic vent tube to the fuel tank is exposed under the vehicle and subject to damage. THE DRIVE SHAFT OF THE VEHICLE NEEDS TO BE REMOVED to replace the little plastic tube exposed to the bottom of the vehicle. There was no known event that caused this damage - it appears rolling over anything like a twig can cause the brittle plastic tube to snap. It has never been off road. I am on my first $750 repair to replace this tube. I could see that this could easily happen on a recurring basis.

My XT5 Just turns off as I'm driving
By P. Miller

2018 Cadillac XT5 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The cadillac xt5 has a start stop feature that cannot be turned off. My car is 3 months old and has turned itself off and back on once and totally died while I was exiting a freeway. I'm really unhappy with my new car.

Ditch the Auto Stop Feature and the XT5 is Perfect
By S. Herring

2018 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This Cadillac automatically turns itself off, meaning the engine shuts down, when you are at a dead stop at a traffic light, etc. Very annoying! I don't like having to wonder if my car is going to start back up each time.

Great Package!
By Rich Gotch

2018 Cadillac XT5 Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I find the Cadillac XT5 to be a nice blend of performance, comfort, ride and class. Since winter is almost complete I can say it handles very well in various types of weather. The quiet cabin is a nice atmosphere coming home from work or on longer trips. The appearance is stylish and classy. Mileage is ok and I have got used to the stop/start engine function. I really enjoy the smooth ride and the safety features of the vehicle including the LED lighting and driving visibility. It is competitively priced for a luxury SUV. I would highly recommend.