Used 2005 Cadillac STS Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac STS

View reviews for a specific STS model:

Great Car
By JD

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first STS had a Toyota Avalon and really there is no comparison.This is so much more car in every respect, it is definitely not boring which is about the best thing I can say about the Avalon. I have the Northstar V8 it is fast. Love the interior except for the glove box.Nav works well and the AWD is great in snow and ice. I use the voice features to do almost everthing for me. I do not like the 2 different size tires. The fact that it is hard on tires is about my only complaint. Like all the bells and whistles more than you know you have.

Heated and cooled seats -heated steering wheel head lamps- voice features bluetooth-keyless everything- stereo-wow

Make the memory easier to set up larger glovebox

Florida STS Finds Happy Home in Canada
By Roger Wyatt

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Caddyman for a few years now and my first drive was a 1500 mile trip from Fort Lauderdale.The ride was not as soft as my 02 STS but was solid....this car can handle as it is equipped with the performance upgrade.The V6 sprints down the interstates with ease.The powerplant performs very well,transmission shifts are not noticeable at all.The interior is well laid out and being 6-4 and 270 I had no trouble in finding a comfortable driving position. The navigation system is easy to read with the big screen and the 5.1 stereo system is wonderful.I do notice a marginal difference in power from the 02 northstar V8 but the V6 had no trouble in performing a quick passing maneuver.

The stereo system,navigation system,cooled seats,solid ride,remote start,fuel economy.

Voice recognition needs improvement,the Englsh lady in the dashboard still has no idea who I am.The trunk is smaller than my 02 and the glovebox,it won't hold more than the owners manual and the navigation DVD case.

cadillac reliability
By harrison

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this one certified used with 24,000 miles.. No issues at all in the entire vehicle history report this car stays on the road and not in the shop like previously owned BMW's and acura's.. You def can not get a better ride than with a caddy... Only issue not as quiet as a Lexus but they're improving

smooth ride, great power, not a bmw

lower road noise

Amazing car! Good job Cadillac!!
By CStradling24

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I am one of the biggest critics about everything. This car is nearly perfect. I am in my early 20's and usually people my age dont have cars like this. It was my dream car and met every expectation. I own the V8, fully loaded with absolute every feature besides AWD. It never gets old driving this car. When I bought it, the car was still under warranty and I had some small issues fixed without a problem. The performance of a car this heavy is nothing less than what you would expect from Cadillac. The interior looks great and very classy. I like how Cadillac did not go crazy with buttons, they kept it nice and simple.

All the tech features including, the HUD, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise control, rain sense wipers, automatic brights, remote start, heated back seats, stability system, AMAZING Bose sound system. Performance of the car. Overall appearance.

A few creeks rattles are coming up. Fuel economy could be better. Glove box could be larger, and more compartments for things like sun glasses or loose change.

enjoyed the car
By cindy

2005 Cadillac STS Rwd 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The only problem with this car was the mirror on drivers side had locating problems.This was fixed.otherwise great experience.Put 20s on and looks great.Rough riding due to the low profiles and all the mechanisms in the seats, but wonderful vehicle experience.

air/heat seats.ahhhhh sound system is beautiful.has alot of torque when I need it.Feels very luxurious.

I would like to be able to put car seat cover in the back seat. It could use a little more padding in the front seats. we need a (protection sheild) around nice cars to keep shopping carts and kids away.Its like a maget to them.