Used 2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

I Love My 2006 Cadillac SRX
By Don C

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Spoiler alert: This is going to be a sloppy Valentine kiss to my trusty SRX. This is the first generation SRX and it was built on a truck platform, which translates to DURABILITY. Trucks are built to last and this is one tough-built SUV. But for all of its ‘truck DNA’ this is a fantastic passenger vehicle for daily use and highway driving — great road car. The interior is well laid out and super comfortable (excellent front seats). Reliability has been terrific and maintenance is generally inexpensive, even at the Cadillac dealer. I did have to replace the timing chains at 92,000 miles due to a supplier quality issue — at my expense. That’s it. Gosh, my only regret about this outstanding SUV is that it’s got 154,000 miles on the odometer now In 2018 and I know it’s getting long in the tooth. I’m actually shopping for a newer SRX (first generation) with much lower miles. 2009 was the last year for this truck-based SRX, so hopefully there are some pampered low mileage ones stills out there. The 2010+ models were totally redesigned using a car-based FWD chassis, so they’re smaller, lighter, and less durable.

Proud Owner
By Sharon Marjancik

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

With its sleek classic lines, this 2006 Cadillac SRX is is an eye catching SUV whether on the road or parked in your drive. This SUV comes well equiped with multiple safety features, equipment sensors, navigation system, Bose Radio, multi disc CD player, climate control, cruise control, heated seats, heated side mirrors, electronic third seat, dual vanity mirrors, front and rear cup holders, large electronic sun roof, headlight sensor, and multi windshield speeds. Ride in safety and luxury.

Great car
By Nancy Dockery

Love my car

Lights out - all the time
By kevin palmer

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The front turn signals were very poorly designed. First because you have to put the car on a lift so the tire can be removed to access the panel for the lights. This a summary of the not so excellent feedback I received when I contacted the company
Date: Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 6:08 PM
Subject: Thank you for contacting Cadillac

The help desk in Bengladesh suggested that I spend my money to have Devoe Cadillac assess the problem.

Understands that there are many posts online speaking to the issue of the LEMON ( my wording ) SRX and that all those owners should have spent their time and money visiting and re-visiting the dealer.

Cadillac has never thought the issue critical enough to issue a Recall !!!\

Totally p***d o** in Naples. Over a 3 year time frame I have replaced the bulb FIVE times. Replaced the cracke

It's simply the best
By sharimac

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a SPORT UTILITY. Mine had 69k miles and two weak cylinders when I bought it. The engine still lasted for 3 years. Only maintenance was the regular oil changes/tire rotation. But I love the car so much it was well worth spending 10k for a new motor at 122k. The transmission lasted 170k. Like with anything wear and tear things will need to be fixed and replaced. It's easy handling, easy to park. I'm older now and getting in and out of it is so easy even for my elderly mother.
Always having a sports car in the past it handles remarkably well. Has real good acceleration not like a sports car, but then it isn't one. I've hauled a 12' utility trailer with a Goldwing across country twice. Mind you that was pushing the cars' GVW. But it did it along with 4 other round trips from Albuquerque to Jacksonville Florida. I myself have put over 100k miles on this car and I still love it.