Used 1997 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used DeVille for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

'97 deville

cp, 06/02/2007
4dr Sedan

I loved this car. Luxury, good mileage 19-21 mpg. Excellent ride. I'm not a kid, and I'm not in a hurry, I'm into comfort. We live 20 miles in a rural setting in California. We drive a lot. I also have a Prius for my sales job, 45 plus mpg, 40,000 a year, but when we go out, we always take the DeVille.

A good deal for the $$$

gm owner 4 ever, 09/08/2008
D'elegance 4dr Sedan

I bought this car last year and have only put about 5K miles on it since. It is used mainly for long trips. The car only has 74k miles on it. I have had no problems other than the power ant stopped working and now I have to hand wash the car. Very smooth ride and strong V-8. I paid $4100 for the car and never looked back.

Pretty good, but why any problems?

Storm22, 06/27/2002
4dr Sedan

This Deville makes one quart of oil disappear every 1400-1800 miles ...considered within normal tolerance by Cadillac ...have seen this over and over again on internet sites. A truly free economy would produce an immediate corrective response by the manufacturer to their hoped-for future customers. However, car is very comfortable and still gets a reasonable 17-27 mpg for a 4,000 lb. car.

Awesome

youngcaddy, 07/23/2011
D'elegance 4dr Sedan

Im 17 and my grandfather gave me my 97 cadillac deville d'elegance. defenitly an awesome car especially for my age. i use it for speed really. very fast. very comfortable. and the backseat is like a bed ;)

Another leaking cadillac

YankeeLady, 11/08/2002
4dr Sedan

Have owned 3 Cadillacs; all had fluid leaks. '92 needed new transmission and water pump before 40,000 miles. 97 needed water pump at 45k miles and had 3 batteries. Then it started to stall but dealer couldn't find anything wrong. A/C came out of defrost vents at times. With cost of car, it should not be a problem. With supposed quality, a much longer warranty should be given.

12345...8