Used 1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

A Dream to own!
By Robert

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

These are the last of what a real car should feel, and drive like, absolutely one of the best cars I have personally owned.

My favorite car I've ever owned
By Alan

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for very cheap used. As I was short of money at the time but still wanted some power this was very enticing. The 4.5 V8 has a lot of get up and go. the suspension is quite soft so it usually feels like you are accelerating faster than you really are. For me, the engine has been very reliable. There has been very few fixes and none too serious. That being said, this is not an easy car to work on. there isn't a lot of room under the hood and if you have gorilla hands as I do it can be pretty tough.
This car really shines when the interior is considered. After being spoiled with such comfortable seats for a long time any other car just isn't as nice. I stand 6' 3" and sit comfortably in the front and back. The seats are very plush and everything feels like solid construction. Overall a great car. I have fallen in love with older Cadillacs.
Im approaching 200k and still going strong. Love this car

Good American car
By Markusa60

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

I like Cadillacs because they hold up well. I have owned 3 and all three have done well. One went to 100,000 miles with only a exhaust repair and fuel injector repair. Now as far as foreign cars. My BMW 5 series 99 model went to 100,000 miles and by that time I had spent over 7,000 dollars on repairs, not including normal maint! Same thing happened with a Jag I owned. These foreign cars also cost more to own, purchase, so don't go telling me they are cheaper and hold up better. Regarding my now gone BMW, yes the engine and ride was great, but everything else was junk after 50,000 miles. Those are the facts I learned about domestic and foreign cars I have owned.

Why I bought a Cadillac.
By hattrickleak

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I bought my 1990 Cadillac Sedan deVille in 2000 it had about 101,000 miles on it. It now has about 198,000 miles on it. With the exception of the parts that eventually wear out, it has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. It still gets around 28 MPG, (it got about 30 MPG when I bought it). The only complaint I have is the accessibility of the spark plugs but that is a moot point when considering the amount of I've spent on maintenance.

roll in style
By don sorello

1990 Cadillac DeVille Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great car. I paid 1 grand 6 months ago for it for a starter car. It sat in some guy's drive way for 2 years, I put a new battery in it and it fired right up after I cleaned all the birds nest and hornet nest from it. just took it on a 3000 mile round trip and ran great with 125,000 miles on it. got about 24-26 miles to the gallon and get about 19 around town. It seems to lose hub caps and trim every time i drive after i take out of the shop.

glades over bumps, fast and smooth acceleration, trunk closes it self.

New audio, mine could use more cup holders