Used 2004 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used CTS-V for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Show and Go

Stuck in geAR, 07/27/2010
4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought my "V" used with @60,000 miles, and from the moment I first drove it, I knew that I was going to buy it. I was looking for a car that spoke of elegance and class, but if prodded, it could flatten my eyeballs. I wanted a Mustang GT with room for my date and another couple. The "V" delivers in spades. If I could, I would only make three improvements. At 6'3", I need the headroom that I lose to the sunroof. The shifter needs refinement; the skip-shift feature can be a bother. Be able to use the information screen without having to play the radio or CD. I love this car, and I am looking to have a stable full!

Good except Halfshafts and Differential!

Kenny Sanders, 04/28/2007
4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car is a blast to drive.Six speeds of pure satisfaction! The suede inserts of the middle portion of the seats are a very fresh look. I would love to give this car all 10's just on fun factor alone. But the build quality of the differential and halfshafts for this car is a horror show disaster waiting to happen. GM needs do some recalls to the differential/halfshafts to get this car safe. How they have the nerve to pass a V6 drivetrain into a V8 boggles me.

THIS CAR IS IT!!!!! No more European cars for me!

doobster6, 02/06/2013
4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Found me a pristine low miles '04 'V' just a few weeks back. I'm in love. Look for stupid excuses to drive it, anywhere, anytime, all the time! Drove German for years, no more. I'm a Baby Boomer mfg executive who grew up in the muscle car era but never owned one. Now I have it all. Best combination of Velcro-like handling and road comfort in 42 years of driving. Even PA's crappy roads can't flinch it. Will cruise effortlessly all day at 1,500 RPM in any gear; gets 29+ mpg doing it, or will scare you silly speed-wise at 6 mpg! Technology is dated but adequate. I'm proud to be driving American again!! Best performance bang for the buck on the planet; $18.5k for a mint American super-sedan!!

OMG!!! FAST!

mojomagic, 12/16/2012
4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Just got this car with just over 100k and I am pleased. There were some things wrong that you would expect with a car with that many miles but GM parts are cheaper than Mercedes or BMW. One thing this car will do is eat your gas if you give it to it. I drive from Tampa to Orlando just to test it out and it ate a half tank of gas in only 83 miles! I was really driving for performance so that's what happens. On the way back I drive at 73 on cruise control and did not even use a quarter tank. So it depends on how you drive. I must say that this is my first American car and I think for the rest of my life I will be buying the "V" series from Caddy. I am a true believer now!

04 CTS-V

DEP, 02/26/2010
4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Fun to drive in nice weather conditions! Very fast through all the gears, never in lack of power. Begs you to go fast! I bought used with 20k miles. Never had any problems mechanically and did not experience the differential problems some owner have had.

12345...11