Used 1998 Buick Regal Sedan Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Buick Regal Sedan

View reviews for a specific Regal model:

142,000 and still strong
By JBFALASKA

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Bought my GS Supercharged at 39,000 miles. To date, I haven't even changed the spark plugs. Truly the American Lexus at a 1/3 less cost. I also own the 98 LS version. 200 HP is fine for anyone, but once you get used to the 240HP with 280 torque, you'll need to buy a V8 truck to find the equivalent zoom.

GS endgne. Power everything. Delayed off lighting.

Lumbar support.

Not Too Shabby!
By MisterG

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with almost 42,000 miles on it. The only thing that caused problems so far is the alternator. It went south at just over 42,000 miles/6 months of ownership. I have the cloth interior (which I like). Bad cupholder and carpet is coming loose on front driver and passenger sides. Window lower moulding trim (black) is corroding and rusting (don't know why). It has be a CA car all it's life. Hope to get another 100,000 miles out of it.

Style and color (silver with grey/blue cloth interior), Chrome wheels.

Cup holders are in the wrong place! Carpet needs something to hold it in place too!

It Feels Like a Vette
By rey

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

Great car. I bought this because of the power I hoped it would have and it has proved me right. The gas mileage is OK but the fun of driving the car makes it all worth it.

Engine!

Leather could be of better quality.

The car that lasts forever
By Robert Standen

1998 Buick Regal Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car has served my family well. For 9 years it has been extremely reliable which I wouldn't expect from a Buick. We have rarely put money into the car. The electronic displays for the heat/ac died a few yrs ago and it was over $600 to fix (we didn't) and the back inside door panels are coming off with very little backseat use. Those are my only complaints. It really is a great car.

More durability for those door panels

Grandpa Speed
By collegekid

1998 Buick Regal Sedan GS 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. I bought it at 130,000 miles, and put on another 30k. The drivetrain is awesome. Good styling inside and out. Surprisingly quick for a big sedan. I'm also getting good fuel economy with an average of 23 mpg, and almost 30 mpg on the highway. Very smooth ride. Warning, flush dex-cool out right away. If not flushed, it will slowly rot out intake gaskets. It's not severe but your gasket will start to seep if you never change your coolant. If you maintain this car, it will be a great car. I'm very satisfied with this car. In my opinion, it's just as good as all the more expensive imports.

Supercharged power. Comfort, space. Reliability, fuel economy on trips. Boost guage. Two-tone, not noticed by police. Decent stereo, 12 disk changer. Not overpriced like many imports.

Resale value. Durability of the coupler in the m90. Offer a manuel tranny, RWD? More power, better handling. Integrate a coffee machine into the dash