Used 2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

2007 Lucerne CX owner for 11 years
By William Burke, Jr.

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car for the 11 plus years I have had it. Very smooth ride and acceleration, beautiful looks, and very reliable. Unfortunately, things changed all of a sudden when the car reached 60,000 plus miles last November. I heard a warning bell and lost engine power all of a sudden, the engine light turned on, and I got a strange message, "Reduced engine Power" on the dashboard. I stepped on the gas, the car hesitated, and then got up to about 40 MPH but it didn't feel right, like the engine was lacking its usual power. I took it to my reliable local mechanic, he changed the throttle body, but the next day the dreaded message came on again. I took it back and this time my mechanic changed the accelerator sensors. Just when I thought everything was good, I got that bleeping message a third bleeping time! My mechanic this time said there may be a problem with the throttle body wire harness. He took a look at the wires, which were a little damp but otherwise ok, and cleaned and tightened them. This seemed to finally solve the problem. I'm just hoping I never see that horrible "reduced engine power" message again. I'm retired and have high property taxes, getting a new car is out of the question, so this Lucerne has to last indefinitely! If I should ever get another car, though, it won't be a GM vehicle. It'll be a Toyota Camry or a Subaru Legacy. When I was a kid, buying a GM car was like buying a piece of the rock, whether it was a Buick, Oldsmobile, or even a Chevy. Not any more. GM doesn't know how to make decent cars anymore, trust me.

Great Car
By Eugene Shulick

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Always get complements on the smoothness and comfort of its ride.

Lucerne is definitely a Buick!
By Wayne Kight

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Classic American Sedan
By burkewhb

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Buick Lucerne CX for 4 years and had almost no problems with it at all. The
engine and transmission are both very smooth,
and the acceleration, zero to 60 in 9 seconds, is not earth shaking but quite adequate. I love the looks of the car, especially the grille (I got the blacked out grille with ming blue) and the side view. The ride of the car is superb and extremely quiet.
My only complaints about the car would be the
around town mileage (16) is mediocre and the
turning radius (44ft?) makes parking in tight spaces tricky. Over the road mileage (26) is ok.

I like the console gear shift control, which has detentes and makes up and down manual shifting very easy. The tire pressure monitor is very useful and has helped me catch two tires going flat with very slow leaks. The trunk is good sized and very adequate. My car has the harmon/kardon 8 speaker sound system, the only option I got, and it's great. The car has been extremely reliable. I had a very minor leak in the power steering system the first year I had the car and my mechanic just tightened up a connection, and I've had no problems since.

The engine could use a little more horsepower in certain situations, although it's usually adequate. Turning circle is ridiculous. I would like a semi-automatic manual shift capabilty to make driving more fun. Mileage isn't the greatest, especially around town. I though a V6 would be much better. I suppose the weight of the car (3760 lbs) is the problem.

Great car, but for driver's seat
By tament

2007 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I owned this car for 3 years and absolutely loved it. The only, and I mean only, drawback was the driver's seat was a little uncomfortable. I'm a big man and it just wasn't enough seat for me. The back seat was like a limo. Performance was top notch. I never had a single problem with this car. I bought it used and it had been owned by Avis rental and had 32k miles its first year. Then I bought it and put another 35k on it the next two years before opting for a new convertible. However, I did have second thoughts before trading this car because it was a gem. If you are in the market for an a+ sedan this is it.

Huge back seat. The V8 was a real go getter. Great styling. A really nice sporty "American made" sedan.

Driver's seat was a little narrow and a little soft for a 275 pound guy. Probably not a problem for smaller folks.