Used 2006 Buick Lucerne Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Lucerne

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:

First 100,000 Miles
By James Goodson

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My first 100,000 miles in this Buick Lucerne CXL have been a truly awesome experience. I changed a rear tailight bulb...and that's it! The only normal wear items have been 1 set of tires and brakes. Great mileage at an average in the mid 20's but 28 on the highway at 70. Not bad for such a large car. The V6 is absolutely bulletproof with a long history for reliability. Motor is adequate, but at 197 horsepower we're at the low end of acceptable. The plus side is endless quiet cruising ability. Brakes are very good. My wife's Infiniti lives at the dealer, but we can always rely on the Buick. I'm looking forward to the next 100K....unless I buy a 2010 Buick Lacrosse!

Roominess Reliability Build Quality Sunroof Satelite Radio Heated Seats Hi Range remote so you can find it in a parking lot Ski pass through in trunk

Another 50 horsepower

Great Cruiser - but little else
By mbarker

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Lucerne due to a job change that requires that I drive 125 interstate miles roundtrip each day. Very comfortable/roomy car that is very quiet. It was made to cruise the highway. Even with the V-8 it's not very spirited and it handles like a bus. It was not made for evasive or sporty driving. The fuel mileage has been on average about 26 mpg with 90% of driving on the highway. The cooled seats are great and keep you comfortable in hot humid weather. The Harmon Kardon stereo is average at best. It has the Continetal tires and there is a vibration the dealer can't get rid of. They claim "excessive road force variation" and it's not covered by the certified warranty.

Cooled seats, roominess for all passengers, good mileage with a V8, quiet cabin which is great for bluetooth headsets, comfortable soft ride, it was made for cruising the highway, good stereo/cruise controls on the steering wheel.

More legroom, slightly more supportive seats, a better high-end stereo, bland interior design, the plastic dash looks cheap, the brakes are soft on not responsive enough for emergency stops, a slightly firmer suspension would be a good trade-off to get better handling.

WOW!
By DJ

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had a Lincoln and 3 Cadillacs, but this Lucerne is the finest automobile I have ever owned. It has luxury and performance and is GM, which I think makes the best American cars on the market. This car is so comfortable and is a real beauty! I love the features, especially the heated seats. We have long, cold, snowy winters here, but I use the heated seats during long trips even during the summer because of the comfort it gives my back. Great sound system, smooth ride, and the most comfortable seats ever make this car my all time favorite.

heated/cooled seats, harmon kardon stereo system, rainsense wipers

fold down rear seats would be nice

Not Stunning
By sequoyah101

2006 Buick Lucerne CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife insisted on a V8 to replace the Park Avenue so we got this one after looking at an Avalon, 535 and 350GS and a CTS. If this car had a 6 speed transmission and the engine wouldn't rev so high at cruise (feel like I have to keep my foot in it) and it could get much better mileage (never been better than abt 24 to 25 and abt 20 in mixed driving) it would be great but it doesn't and it isn't but it is OK. This should be a 30 mpg car like the old PA. Buick just went too far with the acceleration "performance" tuning of this car to no good end. Like the styling, interior is nice without being fussy though the seats hit me wrong for some reason it is still comfortable enough.

Interior fit and finish is good, car looks good. Engine has a throaty note, kinda neat but more bark than bite. It competes well for the price.

Needs a 6 speed tranny with OD, better mileage. I would like the suspension to be a tad stiffer for better handling.

Great Car-Cosmetic Problems
By Ken

2006 Buick Lucerne CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great car, comfort and style is very good. Gas mileage is really good, over 30 miles per gallon on last trip from Portland Or. to Idaho Falls Id. My problem has been cosmetic,all outside chrome strips on windows have been replaced twice due to rust spots. Since i have just over 50,000 miles now I'm worried about the next time it happens. The finish is also rapidly coming off the wheels leaving black splotches. The dealer refuses to do anything about it except make note of the problem. They blame it on the current problems GM is having for not taking any positive action on it. As I stated 'Great Car', very dissapointed in the cosmetic problems.

Mileage, performance, looks and ride.

Instrument panel needs to be back lit. Improve quality of chrome strips and wheels.