Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used LaCrosse for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
3.63 out of 5 stars

Having Second Thoughts

onedognight, 04/22/2012
2012 Buick LaCrosse Premium I Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I purchased the 2012 LaCrosse four months ago. The car is so low to the ground that I can't get in and out of my driveway without scraping the front end. The front and side posts plus the high trunk make visability a real issue when driving in heavy traffic. Other features that I don't like is the lock/unlock buttons being on the middle console instead of on the door and the only trunk unlock is on the key fob. The car performs well enough for a 4 cyl. but I wish I had known about the lack of visability and the drag issues before purchasing. Also, be aware that no spare tire comes with this car. You get a can of Fix-A-Flat. There is a space for it, but no tire.

5 out of 5 stars

Best vehicle I have had life to date

Peter Mowatt, 04/06/2016
updated 04/10/2019
2012 Buick LaCrosse Convenience Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

I wanted a living room on wheels and I got it! I have put 85000 miles on it due to family proximity and those spontaneous road trips. My baby has been excellent! I love driving her. Great weight. Solid doors!! Super quiet! Excellent handling and when you have to tromp on it, it comes alive! In all of this time, I only had one problem. It was weird. Wouldn't turn over. Tried using the big battery for the jump start and it wouldn't allow it. A new battery at my most excellent dealer resolved it. NOTE: When I tried to start it after charging and if failed, it would not let me remove the key! Yikes! This is still the best car I have had for full time driving. Knock on wood and happy to report zero rattles. One note, it eats oil. Has since the beginning. I am surprised that the oil warning doesn't go on when low on oil. Must be pressure guided. Easy to tell. It gets sluggish. You can feel it. Check it monthly. Nothing is wearing out in the interior. A new set of car mats at 90k was a great investment both in appearance and enjoyment. After all, it is the first thing you see when you are getting in. Taking this sweet ride for the long haul. See you at 130k! Are 131000, lights started coming in. The catalytic converter was failing and the ABS light came on too. It would have been about 1500.00 to resolve followed by tires. I needed more long term reliability. I traded it in and got a 2017 LaCrosse with 1800 miles on it this past January. My 2012 was the best fir my needs for almost 7 years.

4 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
3.88 out of 5 stars

Eassist buick lacrosse 2012

bbeppler, 11/10/2011
2012 Buick LaCrosse Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

bought a new buick lacrosse eassist on the way home stopped for dinner and the front of the car is so ,low it dragged on the ground causeing 500 dollars in damage thought i was at fault took to body shop and had repainted when i got car back went out that night trying to be extra carefull with driveing and it draged again no damage this time dealer has been great but gm district contact was no help at all this after my being a gm buyer since the early 70s last 3 new gm products where a 96 eldorado 2001 deville and now this buick no wonder people go to outher brands wish i would have kept the 01 deville had it 11 years and it never saw the inside of a body shop

3 out of 5 stars

Good and Bad

CF Bona, 09/05/2020
updated 03/09/2021
2012 Buick LaCrosse 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6A)

The Good: Excellent smooth, quiet ride. Nice handling. Very responsive. Very attractive design. Love the look of the car. Good acceleration when needed. More than acceptable gas mileage. Up to 38 mpg without AC and 32 mpg with AC on highway. Around 27-28 mpg in city. The AC compressor went at about 35,000 miles, 3 years ago -- but that has been all! Very dependable and durable vehicle. Low maintenance. The Bad -- very poor sight lines when driving and backing up. Lots of blind spots. Have to have your head on a swivel when backing out of a parking space since you can't see people or other vehicles well at all. Tough to get in and out of without hitting your head on the top of the door frame! I'm only 5ft 7 inches, so its not my height! Car is so low to the ground that you are constantly scrapping the front of the car on the pavement especially when entering or exiting a parking lot. No way to avoid it. Lastly, because of the battery located in the trunk, space there is very limited. I can't even fit a set of golf clubs in the trunk. I have to put them in the backseat. Overall, as a comfortable ride and pleasure to drive and look at, this is a great car. But the problems mentioned are not minor.

3.38 out of 5 stars

Had Enough!

onedognight, 01/01/2013

I bought the new Buick LaCrosse Prem. 1 last November and have tried for a year to get used to the poor visability, the front end scaping on driveway everytime I left or came home, raking the the paint off the nose of the car every time I parked in a space with one of those parking "stops" and knowing that if i have a flat tire somewhere unsafe, I have no spare. I researched this car for six months before I made the purchase but there was no way to know about the blind spots and how low this car was to the ground. It was beautiful but I traded for something with better visability, higher off the ground and a spare tire! Will not miss it!